Golf Shoe Size Guide

inc0gnito

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Like two 7 irons might be different lofts, I’ve found the same shoe sizes from different brands to be somewhat different. If I’m looking for shoes online then it’s a bit of a lottery if they’re going to fit. For example I’m looking at a pair of UAs but never worn them before.

So I thought it’d be helpful for me and maybe others to get an idea of what sizes people buy for different brands. Wether one should size up or down for a brand they’ve not tried before. Or maybe I just have odd feet. Here’s mine;

Adidas - 9
Footjoy - 8
Puma - 8
Under Armour - ?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I don't think this is a symptom of just golf shoes, but all shoes of every type. Football boots, trainers, you name it. I tend to order my football boots online because prodirectsoccer has the best prices by far, but it is obviously a bit of a gamble on sizing.

Adidas in football boots and golf shoes (judging from your post) always come up smaller so you have to go up a size. I used to think I was a 10.5 because I had Adidas boots, and Adidas golf shoes several years ago, but in almost every other brand I'm a 10. My Footjoy golf shoes are a 10, but they're quite roomy, I could have probably fit in a 9.5 to be honest.

inc0gnito

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I don't think this is a symptom of just golf shoes, but all shoes of every type. Football boots, trainers, you name it. I tend to order my football boots online because prodirectsoccer has the best prices by far, but it is obviously a bit of a gamble on sizing.

Adidas in football boots and golf shoes (judging from your post) always come up smaller so you have to go up a size. I used to think I was a 10.5 because I had Adidas boots, and Adidas golf shoes several years ago, but in almost every other brand I'm a 10. My Footjoy golf shoes are a 10, but they're quite roomy, I could have probably fit in a 9.5 to be honest.

Yeah, I had to return Adidas shoes twice to find the right size. It’s annoying when you have to go through the shipping returns procedures!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Of all the major brands I've always found adidas to come up the tightest and smallest size. I am pretty much a standard 8 in everything I wear on my feet but need to go to a 9 (have even had to go 9 1/2) to find something that feels comfy although their boa method much better than laces

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Like two 7 irons might be different lofts, I’ve found the same shoe sizes from different brands to be somewhat different. If I’m looking for shoes online then it’s a bit of a lottery if they’re going to fit. For example I’m looking at a pair of UAs but never worn them before.

So I thought it’d be helpful for me and maybe others to get an idea of what sizes people buy for different brands. Wether one should size up or down for a brand they’ve not tried before. Or maybe I just have odd feet. Here’s mine;

Adidas - 9
Footjoy - 8
Puma - 8
Under Armour - ?

You'll also be an 8 in Sketchers going by your Puma and FJ sizing. I think I am 8.5 in UA but my shoes are in the car and its raining!

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
With Adidas my experience is that the size is right (it is a length based measurement) but the width does not match the size.

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've been a regular size 8 (42) for as long as I can remember. FJ 8's are OK. Recently bought online Addidas BOA winter boots size 8. Couldn't get them on my feet - promptly returned. Was passing by an AG store so thought I'd try some others. Callaway winter's almost as undersized as Addidas. Only others there were Stubert. Fitted well and yes, they price matched. Not the most stylish boot but dry feet to look forward to (y)

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
I went on the Footjoy Testing day last year...their guy told me their stuff is half size smaller than most... I'm 8.5 in everything, but they fitted me 8 in FJ.

Ordinary shoes just as bad

Half size smaller? Yet you went smaller again, if you are normally an 8.5 and their stuff is made a half size smaller surely that means you would need a size 9 - or am I just reading that all.wrong?

🤔

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Adidas - 9
Footjoy - 8
Puma - 8
Under Armour - ?
Always struggle with shoes.
Have you had your feet measured.
Mine were 9 wide right foot
10 extra wide left foot.
So I had a pair of my joys made nice shoes but expensive.
But they do fit nice.

Last edited:

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Someone mentions this every thread!

Adidas have two fittings in each size: narrow and wide.

They were "wide" (which I don't normally need) and still too short and narrow.

My apologies if I haven't read every other thread. I'm only offering my experience in relation to the OP.