Freezing over shot

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Had a lesson yesterday, have been taking the club so far inside and the club face has been wide open, all my shots have been flying to the right and not very far.
For me it obviously got to a point that I’d stand over the ball and didn’t know what to do to try and correct it, mentally draining and embarrassing when out on the course.
Got another lesson next week, it’s going to be small steps to try and get things going again, just want to get back to getting a yardage and hitting the bloody thing without swing thoughts.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
I think part of the problem with golf is knowing you are hitting it wrong, but not being able to work out what the actual problem is. We think we know the problem, correct it and actually make the swing worse. Which adds to the problem. Once the swing is sorted, get into a ritual.
Lessons were the right way forward. 👍

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Had a lesson yesterday, have been taking the club so far inside and the club face has been wide open, all my shots have been flying to the right and not very far.
For me it obviously got to a point that I’d stand over the ball and didn’t know what to do to try and correct it, mentally draining and embarrassing when out on the course.
Got another lesson next week, it’s going to be small steps to try and get things going again, just want to get back to getting a yardage and hitting the bloody thing without swing thoughts.
As technique improves, confidence increases and so hopefully you'll get back to the stage of trusting what you're trying to do, stand there and swing with freedom and conviction. Stay patient. It'll happen

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site

Brian, you have a technically good swing and set up... TBH, your swing looks way better than mine. i think you are over thinking it and have too many swing thoughts... you don't look very comfortable over the ball i know its hard sometimes to get through that... but trust your swing relax and whack it(y)(y)

Tashyboy

Visit site
Brian, you have a technically good swing and set up... TBH, your swing looks way better than mine. i think you are over thinking it and have too many swing thoughts... you don't look very comfortable over the ball i know its hard sometimes to get through that... but trust your swing relax and whack it(y)(y)

Am sure that last sentance is not a gofing terminology, although It should be. l would love to hear Peter Allis say it. ðŸ˜

Tashyboy

Visit site
Another lesson this morning, grip starting to feel good again and shots going straight.
A small step again but definitely the right direction, going to take time but long term will be for the best.

A pal of mine has had some crap news lately. He said last night on the phone a few times. Little steps will still get you to your destination. Glad to see your on the right path Bri.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
A pal of mine has had some crap news lately. He said last night on the phone a few times. Little steps will still get you to your destination. Glad to see your on the right path Bri.

Cheers, the game is a massive struggle at the moment, absolutely love it but you need to play all the time or do a lot of practice, I struggle with both working away from home and a young family, won’t deter me though ?