Putter restoration - help?

tsped83

Tour Winner
Visit site
One for the anoraks,

I have an old Ping Anser 3 putter which I would like to restore as its pretty old and tarnished. Now, I don’t want it all shiny and brass ornament looking like it belongs on my nan’s mantelpiece, but would like to give it some TLC to bring it back looking pretty.

I’ve heard Coke (not the powdered variety) helps? Or is that a load of gubbins? Any tips or advice to help me improve the finish on the putter?

I would like to add the caveat that I am DIY disaster.

Thank you

Alex1975

Tour Winner
Visit site
Show us some pics and give us an idea what look you would ideally like it to look like.

I think coke might make it pretty clean!

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
depends on the material and the state its in now, some wire wool with Brasso might make a huge difference pretty quickly and easily!

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
One for the anoraks,

I have an old Ping Anser 3 putter which I would like to restore as its pretty old and tarnished. Now, I don’t want it all shiny and brass ornament looking like it belongs on my nan’s mantelpiece, but would like to give it some TLC to bring it back looking pretty.

I’ve heard Coke (not the powdered variety) helps? Or is that a load of gubbins? Any tips or advice to help me improve the finish on the putter?

I would like to add the caveat that I am DIY disaster.

Thank you

coke will lift some pretty heavy duty dirt. chuck an old penny in a splash overnight and see what it does!