Putter fitting

The_Squire

Head Pro
Visit site
Hi all, I had a putter fitting at the acadamy at my club just over a week ago and to be honest I didn't expect such a dramatic change in my putting. After a few half hours on the putting green during the week to get a feel for the new club, I went around the Montgomerie course yesterday in 77 gross, my lowest score by four shots on there. 33 putts without a three putt which is a first.

I was thinking of getting a new driver but thought you use the putter more during the round so went and had a fitting and after seeing the results the pro showed me on the computer and after trying five different clubs I opted for a Taylormade Rossa Monza Spider Vicino.

If anyone is thinking of getting a new putter I wou

For the record, The Montgomerie course is 5863 yards, par 69 (sss69) off the yelllow tees. My handicap is 10.7

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
good to hear the new wand is working well, were the 5 clubs you tried your choice or the pros?

good scoring hope the new season is a good one!

The_Squire

Head Pro
Visit site
All the other putters were my choice, some were other Taylormade and some Scotty Cameron. I hope I can keep the scoring going especially when the greens are at there best, they have been a bit sandy after the work on them over the last few weeks.

Mattyboy

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I went to Ping in Gainsborough last summer and got fitted. What I found strange with my putting in general prior to the fit was that my putter (Oddyssey 2 Ball C/S) felt great - but there was one problem - the ball didnt like the dark!

The putter I ended up with was an Anser 2, similar length to my Oddyssey but a little more upright.

Frankly it felt as good as the Oddyssey but suddenly the hole got in the way of the ball much more often, which has transformed my game from a mid 70s on my day to low 70s.

So anyone with putting problems - go get fit - oh, and get a V easy from Bob as well!

shewy

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Did you get fitted at Celtic Manor? I was fitted at Began park/Cardiff golf centre and came out with a 32.5" putter and it's helped.
I do like the Monty course there,very up and down though! On a side note my 6 year old daughter beat me at the new 18 hole putting complex at Celtic Manor!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
My old Ping 2 Anser is going through a bit of a renaissance and I'm holing out well at the moment. Ironic as its the one area of the game I've neglected all winter. If I was in the market for a new putter, I'd seriously look at a C/F session and would look at Odyssey at Chessington or Ping.

The_Squire

Head Pro
Visit site
Did you get fitted at Celtic Manor? I was fitted at Began park/Cardiff golf centre and came out with a 32.5" putter and it's helped.
I do like the Monty course there,very up and down though! On a side note my 6 year old daughter beat me at the new 18 hole putting complex at Celtic Manor!

Yes it was at the Celtic Manor I had my fitting, the results I was shown concerning the strike of the ball and the take away of the club have given me a better understanding of my stroke and i'm now getting the distance putts a lot closer and i'm more confident from six feet in. I hope I can keep it going.