Push trolleys

MadAdey

Money List Winner
Visit site
After little bit of advice please. I am fed up with having an electric trolley. My battery needs replacing for one and also the hassle of having to remember to charge it and if I am playing 36 holes having to borrow a pull trolley for one of the rounds.

Price is not really of any importance as I am tempted by the Stewart Z3. I just would like to know how people get on with their push trolley of choice. Also if there any out there that are a bit cheap and well worth forgetting about buying it would be appreciated.

El Bandito

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Somewhere else I have heard good things about the z3, the sun mountain micro and everybody seems excited about the clicgear 3.5 which is just out. A friend of mine has the clicgear 3 and is over the moon with it.

Scouser

Tour Winner
Visit site
ClicGear is always my reccommendation... Feels like its been made to last forever...

:thup:

I got mine in a sale at american golf and used tesco clubcard vouchers for the rest paid about 60 quid for it ...dont know if I would pay full price for one although it should last years!

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
whilst it's nice to get a little assistance from a motor when going up hill, or through rough (if you ever visit this bit of the course), a well built trolley with good ergonomics does have some advantages, a you indicate.

the Stewart Z3 and Clic have a huge amount in common, with probably the larger front wheel and tubular elements of the latter winning on the course but the small front wheel of the Stewart (possibly) helping when you go to pack the boot (possibly here because it will depend on the shape rather than the volume).
they will both handle a range of bag sizes as well.

there will probably be more recomendations for the CLic, but only because there are more in use (inc me)

MadAdey

Money List Winner
Visit site
looking like the Stewart is getting some backing. ON first impressions that is the one that I would choose. Just wondering if anyone knows of a trolley that can offer value for money. I am reluctant to purchase the S1 after the problems I had with motocaddy and my electric trolley. Even though I already have the accessory station with all the fittings.

Essex_Stu

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Dont purchase an S1 push trolley. 2 people I know have one and its useless(there words not mine). I caddied for one of them in an inter county event and it fell over 3 times. My father in law had one and his tipped into a lake with him still attached. He quickly got rid and brought a sun mountain one which he loves.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I think thia is one area where you really get what you pay for. I have seen plenty of the budget 3 wheel trolleys on the course but none really look of the same quality as the Clic Gear or Stewart. Personally I have owned a Clic Gear and it was superb and is currently being used by one of my playing partners. If you are looking for some value then looking for an older model Clic Gear may be an option as well as looking for the Stewart Z1 as I am not sure that there is a massive difference with the newer models. The only warning would be not to go for the original Clic Gear if you have to use hedgehogs on the course. This had inflatable tyres which are great but if you need to use hedgehogs then you need to spend £50 on new wheels as well as buying the hedgehogs.

Moquillo19

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Powercaddy (push) for me!! Bought a cheaper model from Nevada Bobs and the back wheel framework broke within 4 months (My home course is quite flat so didn't understand why). Took it back for replacement and the same thing happened again. Got offered my Powercaddy one for 25 quid more seeing as I had had to travel quite a distance to change them and have to say it's been a godsend. So easy to push that I had to run (sprint) after it on a windy day as a light breeze thought it would be funny to give it a little nudge on a little slope.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
MIne gets hammered more - still doesn't complain.
I'll get another when mine dies as I know it fits neatly in the boot - not sure how small all the others fold down to...

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
owning a stewart carry bag I am slightly biased as the legs are crap! hang loose, zips are a bit iffy = not a great fan, it is waterproof though hence sticking with it

I would go for the Clic Gear myself as having seen a couple at the club they look solid as