Proudest Golfing Moment

ArnoldArmChewer

Tour Winner
Visit site
OK, whatever level we are at we have all achieved something that we are rightfully proud of in our golfing life. Be it a hole in one, club champion, swindle winner, major winner (come on Rory out yourself !!), breaking 100 or par, what's YOUR proudest achievement.

Essex_Stu

Tour Rookie
Visit site
First Birdie for me. Next on the list is an Eagle and then to birdie the 13 other holes I havn't yet at my club

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
First gold letter title, qualified then won each round of the match play rounds and beat one of the best golfers in our club with a couple of holes to go. What made it even better was I started poorly and was 2 down after 2.

Last edited:

Guns

Club Champion
Visit site
Mine is getting a 2 on the par 3 13th at Conwy and winning £70 in our schools major tour 2011, this turn everything around for me we play 4 different courses in 4 days and this was day 2 after I finished bottom of the order of merit on day 1. And won the 3rd day.

wull

Tour Rookie
Visit site
i have 2 proud moments...

the first was in 1997 when i was 11.i qualified for the weetabix championships(under 13's) at my home course then won the regional at east kilbride with a round of 87.sadly i broke my wrist 2 weeks before the national finals down in shropshire:(

the 2nd moment was in 1999 when i was 13.i won the qualifying round of the bank of scotland scottish junior masters at glenisla in the under 13's with 42 stableford points.iirc i shot a +5 round with a few double bogeys,i was -1 or -2 at one point through 5 but fell apart a bit.i had the same score as the winner of the under 16's.

i went to the finals at loch lomond and played terribly,the under 16's got to play the course and the under 13's did a skills challenge and like i said,i didn't do to well but still came third.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Honours board wins
Getting to single figures
Qualifying for the GM Centenary Final at St Pierre and then coming 2nd at FoA

On recent form the biggest achievement is coming back with the same ball I started :mmm::confused:

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Defo single figure h/cap. Something I have always dreamed of.

Hopefully I will get back there next year too. Nine months was not enough.

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
Getting down to single figures was an unattainable dream for about 10 years and to get down to 8 and stay there has been pretty cool. That and teaching my 3 year old to swing

Mr_T

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
My first ever birdie, very short par 3 only 115 yards hit a pitching wedge to a foot for a tap in, in front of all my mates too! :D

DaveM

Tour Winner
Visit site
Can't really think of anything. Won a few trophys when I was a high handicaper. But never felt as though I won them. If you know what I mean.

JACKO11

Visit site
Only started playing this year, and invited my brother (who doesn't play) out for a game at our local muni in late September. I was rather keen to prove to him that the last 6 months hadn't been a total waste of time and that i could play. Went 7-5 on the first 2 holes and thought "here we go".....but Driver, 7 iron, 15ft putt and a birdie on the 3rd left me feeling pretty smug.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Winning Captain's Day 2 years out of 3 at my last club - name on the board -- Love it!!

Getting to single figures and stayin there for a reasonable time was a big deal too.
As was my first sub-par round.

Tommo21

Tour Winner
www.royalmusselburgh.co.uk
Getting down to cat 1 for the first time in my mid fifties.
Winning the clubs biggest open comp with a 67 less 7. That was a long time ago.
Seniors champion two years on the bounce…not so long ago.
Winning the summer foursomes on three occasions over a period of 25 odd years.
Getting to the summer foursome final at Dunbar on the first attempt.
Shooting 73 gross in my first medal after joining Royal Musselburgh.
Paring every hole on the back nine at Dunbar in medal play.
Shooting 79 gross at Dunbar after three shanks cost me 5 over par alone, medal play.
Getting four sand saves in one round, medal play.
Single putting 11 holes in one round, medal play.
Hole in one on a 230 yard par three, medal play.
Finishing bogie bogie at Dunbar for 71 gross, grudge match.
Recently being drafted in for a top of the table winter league match against North Berwick, beating them 5-0 and winning my match 5 n 4 while one under par.