Proudest Golf Achievement

TheDoctor

Club Champion
Visit site
Captaining my team to victory in our annual forum gathering last year after being part of the winning team the year prior to that

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Fairly proud to have just been asked (on my 45th birthday) to play for our scratch team for the first time in my life!

Although I feel a bit guilty of smugness in saying it.
I mean I've worked really hard, too hard, but I should be more humble.

Good for you, don't feel bad about basking in the glow, you worked hard and you got the reward - have a blast representing the club! Many of us can but dream...

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
In order of achievement (judged solely on a personal level)

1. Winning the club knock-outs, getting my name on the board and awarded a stupidly massive trophy at presentation evening with my wife there. That was a pretty proud moment. It was 7 rounds against all levels of handicap and the final was a blustery war in which I just about held my nerve better than he did.

2. Hole in 1 in a medal. 208 yards with a decent cross wind, nailed a hybrid straight at it. Took a video approaching the green and a screen grab of the moment I looked into the hole and saw the ball there is still my screen saver :)

3. Representing the club in the Daily Mail comp, I was 2nd out and last in. Everyone else on the team got spanked, I took it to the 18th and got a half. Heads were low in the clubhouse but I got plenty praise for preventing the whitewash, so that was pretty satisfying.

Looking forward to adding to the list this year, just need to get a run of play in and stop working/travelling with work so much!

HampshireHog

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Won a couple or board comps last year and the wife and kids came along to see me get presented with the silverware.

Every time I get one away off the 1st when there is a big group waiting behind me.:fore:

Merv_swerve

Challenge Tour Pro
goo.gl
1. Name on the wall at the club (number 1 by a stretch)
2. Getting to single figures.
3. Getting to 18 handicap

Not necessarily in chronological order haha

Spear-Chucker

Tour Rookie
Visit site
So, so very lucky to have had several and just can't choose between them. Had a charmed career tbh. Getting to cat 1 felt great, winning our scratch cup with the first under par score was ace and my first county call up was a real surprise. I'd like to think there's more to come, I'm sure if Chucker minor had some nice achievements that would trump everything.

Qwerty

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've never won much......but I did win a whole load of sheckles off the North West bandits + quite a few other forummers when we did a 2 day tourney at Formby and Royal Liverpool. I remember having 24 points on the front 9 at Hoylake and i'll never forget what Fat Tiger called me......I was off 11 at the time though.

I remember that day well mate, first of many rounds of golf I'd played with you and possibly the best I've seen you play alongside that 1st round in the SAOL trophy.
You was putting like Ben Crenshaw that day, I was seriously impressed.
:thup:

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I started a junior development programme in the mid 1980's.
A club junior section was duly formed.

My proudest moment was when one weekend around 1989/90 nine of those young golfers were selected for the 14 available places in the full County Male and Female teams.

The record of those nine included.

Five players selected to play for England
One became British Boys Champion and a Walker/Ryder Cup player.
One won the Carris Trophy and became the first male to represent England from his County. Aged 13, at that time he was the youngest boy to be selected for the England Boys team
Two won between then five Golf Foundation British Age Group Championships
Between them they won about a dozen male and female County Championships

Spear-Chucker

Tour Rookie
Visit site

My proudest moment was when one weekend around 1989/90 nine of those young golfers were selected for the 14 available places in the full County Male and Female teams.

One won the Carris Trophy and became the first male to represent England from his County. Aged 13, at that time he was the youngest boy to be selected for the England Boys team

Wow! Awesome stuff...

huds1475

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Proud isn't exactly the right description, and it's hardly a massive achievement, but finishing Par, Par on The Old Course last month was a pretty special way to end a great round of golf.

Needless to say the place now has me hooked!

GreggerKBR

Head Pro
Visit site

Un-top-trump-able!

my respects fella!

D

Deleted Member 1156

We have a winner!

A personal achievement is great but leaving a legacy is a step further :thup:

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

We have a winner, may as well close this thread!

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hang on hang on,

Birdied the sixth at Carnoustie by holing out from the bunker on the left hand side of the green. I was going to attempt to chip out on to the lower part of the green, but my caddie (wife) said have a go at it you've not come all this way to muck about, or something like that. It was an impossible shot. The flag was on the part of the green that was over the height of my head. Got it out and watched it vanish towards the flag and in!

Now then....chose now! :rofl::thup:

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

No one likes a show off

:)

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
I remember that day well mate, first of many rounds of golf I'd played with you and possibly the best I've seen you play alongside that 1st round in the SAOL trophy.
You was putting like Ben Crenshaw that day, I was seriously impressed.
:thup:

HA ! I'm good for one of those rounds a season.

huds1475

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

That right there, and Bobs Tesco story.

They're things to be proud of :thup: