Proudest Golf Achievement

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Won the club championship in 1998 at My club.

also shot 76 around Sawgrass while on holiday.
Hit 17 and tap in par it's nice to watch the pros play when you have played there so know how hard it is. It's awesome.!

Owen_Thomas_14

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Beat the favourite in the semi final of the Junior Championship in 2009. I was 2up thru 9 but got pulled back to All Square after the 18th but I held my nerve and birdied the first play off hole to win the match. I then went on to win the Championship and followed it with another Championship win the year after ☺

mcbroon

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My lowest round was 71 but I'm more proud of a 75 I shot in an absolute hurricane, playing off 12. Lowest gross on the day was 74, by a guy off +1, and I won the comp by 9.

One of only a handful of times I've played proper golf.

El Diablo

Assistant Pro
Visit site
To date personally it was last year breaking 80 for the first time ever and doing it in a medal and my first hole in one.

Three

Tour Rookie
Visit site
When you see what it means to a disabled kid, or maybe just a kid who's not found anything they're good at, when you gave them a golf ball or some other little prize for a little diddy putting competition they've just "won".
Amazing.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Seeing my 7 year old son get his first ever par and then two holes later his first ever birdie on our local Par 3 course. Driver onto the green and two putts for the first and driver and one putt for the second. Made even sweeter for him by the fact that I bogeyed the one he parred and parred the one he birdied so it was also the first times he'd ever beaten my gross scores on a hole as well.

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
Shooting a level par 71 then a day later, watching the boy win his first big comp. All for naught though as he shelved golf a few months later to concentrate on his football.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Every time I beat a county player during scratch interclub competitions. Doesn't happen very often but feels good when it does. Especially if it is a youngster as they do not like losing to an old bloke.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Shooting 77 round the Old Course St.Andrews
Reaching Cat 1
Winning a club championship in a five-player shootout over the back nine - finished with a 20 foot birdie on the 18th with everyone watching.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
On a putting green on the Sea Front in St Ives aged about 4 or 5, sank one of my putts to ace the hole from about 20 foot. My nan said to me as she watched the ball drop in - "that's your 1st hole in one, you'll remember that for the rest of your life". She was right.

Still waiting for my first 'proper' hole in one tho. :-/

NWJocko

Tour Winner
Visit site
Would have to be raising over £3k for an autism charity by doing the longest day challenge with Birchy, Qwerty and Junior a few years back.

Capella

Journeyman Pro
blog.jutta-jordans.de
Winning our club's founders cup last year. It is a netto comp, so basically it was just me having a good day while everyone else screwed up, I think I played 38 Stableford points. But the hilariously oversized trophy they gave me made me feel like I had just won the PGA-Championship :D

pokal.jpg

Kaizer_Soze

Head Pro
Visit site
When I was a junior member (a long time ago lol) if you were a cat 2 player you were allowed to compete in the men's open, junior comps were played off the yellow tee's so it was a big thing for us to play from the white's, got myself down to 12 at the age of 15 and played in the open. Won it with a 76 net 64 that included 3 magic 2's.

The following year playing off 7 I shot a scratch 68 against a par 70 (yellow tee's)- 2 birdies at 10 and 18 along with 16 pars, the only time in my life I've broke par.

Both those still live with me more than 30 years later

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
2014 club championship, finishing the first day joint leader and shooting the same score Sunday under pressure was unreal. Our course was set at its hardest as it is for ever club championship, but to putt Sunday with the same ball I tee'd up Saturday morning.... that's an achievement around our place when the rough is up!

Yes it was the h/c devision, but when cat 1 (2hc's) are on form shooting -3/-4 over two days and I shoot -8, it still makes me smile now.

LincolnShep

Head Pro
Visit site
Getting my first handicap cut, then getting another the following weekend. That was last July, I'm still waiting for my third...

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
Have to Say getting officially to single figures is the most pleasing.. as was getting to scratch in my society ..

Winning the Golf Monthly Centenary comp in Forrest of Arden in 2011 was a biggie for me aswell , Reigning champion for the next 94 odd yrs aswell :lol:

D

Deleted Member 1156

Runner up (to a great Irish fella) in the GM Centenary Final was rather pleasing and arguably my best achievement for many a year other than the odd comp win and the name on the honours boards

You put runner up in what is basically a society event ahead of a board competition? Or have I misread your post?

Last edited by a moderator: