Project Pro - UK - North West

Brettleon123

Visit site
Hello all,

I am 25 from Northwich UK and am looking for a golf mentor. I have been playing golf for around 16 months and currently am a 10 handicapper (Currently playing to around +6, unable to get handicap reduction in winter. Won lots though
smile.png
). I work 7-4 and play some form of golf everyday.

I have lots of charity golf tours and open amateur events planned this year and I am looking for a mentor, preferably a pro to help me get to that level. I am committed to being a better playing and competing at the highest level I possibly can.

The issue I face at the moment is I have hit a barrier. I don't know or play with anyone better than myself currently and I am just working on things I think are right and mindlessly practicing anything I think I should. I have worked with 2 pros but both felt more interested in quick simple fixes that show immediate results but don't ultimately get me where I want to be.

So I'm interested in anyone out there that is interested in a project.

Thanks for reading

Brett
brettleon123@gmail.com

Brettleon123

Visit site
my handicap is 10(+10) and am currently playing to 6(+6).
Thats only four shot difference. It would be 16 if I was +10 down to -6.

Duckster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
my handicap is 10(+10) and am currently playing to 6(+6).
Thats only four shot difference. It would be 16 if I was +10 down to -6.

With handicapping if you are off a + handicap that means you hit under par. A - handicap is over par. So your official handicap is -10 but your currently playing to -6.

What level are you aiming for? Have you tried other members of your club who are at a better standard, or talked to the club pro?

Brettleon123

Visit site
Well at my current club there is only one or two players lower than me and they don't play consistently and there is no pro currently. I am in the process of joining a new club which have a very large category one membership but I don't know anyone there at first.

I would like to be able to attend qualifying school (long term).

I understand the confusion now. I meant I am playing to +6 over par each round.

Brett

Duckster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Well at my current club there is only one or two players lower than me and they don't play consistently and there is no pro currently. I am in the process of joining a new club which have a very large category one membership but I don't know anyone there at first.

Brett

Personally, I'd wait till you get to your new club, for the time being just keep doing what you're doing. If you're down to a playing ability of a 6 handicap after only 18 months then you are obviously doing something right. However, if you are thinking about Qualifying School as in to get on Tour, then you have got a hell of a lot to do and you can forget about working 7-4 unless by work you mean practising your golf.

I hope you find what you're looking for though, but just remember it's a game to be enjoyed, don't put too much pressure on yourself.

Karl102

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Brett

Where are you joining?

Brettleon123

Visit site
Sandiway.

I appreciate all your feedback. I have a lot of charity comps and match play games arranged this year. I will hopefully be down to category one quickly.

Brett

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I've not checked but isn't Jason Dransfield up that way? He sounds a great guy for a long term project.

Good luck with it Brett.