Professional Rankings

wjemather

Visit site
It appears you've lost the ability to detect a bit of sarcastic humour in posts. Even the smiley face didn't give it away for you.

It amuses me that you honestly think I believe winning my club order of merit should help my official world ranking though
As if anyone has trouble identifying your trolling.

Edit: If you weren't trolling, you wouldn't be replying with inane personal remarks.

Last edited:

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I didn’t start this thread, and the ongoing discussion about ranking points in relation to ALL the tours is an important and pertinent one - and one that should remain in discussion until it’s resolved imo.
There is nothing to resolve. The issue has been assessed. LIV golfers, in their closed shop, have been judged unrankable. Sure there are a handful there who are world class. But just because we know DJ is a world top 50 level golfer, doesnt mean we can determine where he ranks in the world top 50. Thats a consequence of LIV policies. We only know he was top class because he used to compete in open fields. Now he does 4 times a year. Even we hc golfers need 8 qualifying cards.

Last edited:

Swango1980

Visit site
As if anyone has trouble identifying your trolling.
Trolling? You mean you don't like that I disagree with you, so you call it trolling to make yourself feel better?

Apologies for making the odd light hearted comment though. I guess some in here have to be deadly series on every single comment, and expect the same from everyone else.

D

Deleted member 1147

Trolling? You mean you don't like that I disagree with you, so you call it trolling to make yourself feel better?

Apologies for making the odd light hearted comment though. I guess some in here have to be deadly series on every single comment, and expect the same from everyone else.
Apologise and bow to his superior knowledge and all should be ok 👍

D

Deleted member 1147

The problem is of course measuring success in a full field event against a restricted field with only say a third of those competing being of high enough quality.

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
Are you suggesting the only people that should compete in majors are those that are capable of winning?

No, asking who else other than the acknowledged top 5 in LIV who you think could win a major (none of this hypothetical any of them could)?

You also asked for sensible answers, I gave one and asked you something in return yet you choose to ignore it.

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
Can we send this back over to the LIV thread please. If not, it will be locked for a spell to nudge people across.

A discussion about rankings is fine but it's just become another LIV spin off and no one wants that.

I’m not trying to encourage any chat on LIV anywhere other than the LIV thread, but the only discussion on rankings is because LIV aren’t getting points.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
No, asking who else other than the acknowledged top 5 in LIV who you think could win a major (none of this hypothetical any of them could)?

You also asked for sensible answers, I gave one and asked you something in return yet you choose to ignore it.

Apologies, what is it you want me to answer?

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Can we send this back over to the LIV thread please. If not, it will be locked for a spell to nudge people across.

A discussion about rankings is fine but it's just become another LIV spin off and no one wants that.

Disagree with this. The OWGR points situation has implications for ALL the tours. Effectively, you pretty much HAVE to be playing on the PGAT to get an all important top 50 place, and that is not just a LIV issue.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Well I’ve already asked you twice, but hey 3rd time lucky.

Who outside of the acknowledged top 5 in LIV, DJ, smith, Koepka, De Chambeau, Gooch? Do you think Is a serious contender in a Major moving forwards?

Currently, there probably isn't one. Who's a major contender on the DPWT - they're getting points right? Who's a genuine major contender on the PGAT, and how many are there - 10 maybe?

I

wjemather

Visit site
Well I’ve already asked you twice, but hey 3rd time lucky.

Who outside of the acknowledged top 5 in LIV, DJ, smith, Koepka, De Chambeau, Gooch? Do you think Is a serious contender in a Major moving forwards?
Surely this is a question for the LIV thread, but I'd say at the very least the guy who finished 6th on LIV this season, had a top 5 in a major this year, and made the cut in all the others, probably belongs on your list.

Last edited:

4LEX

Visit site
LIV players deserve a ranking as it does cause harm to the official rankings integrity. Some sort of system based on the European football golden boot, where players from outside the main leagues only get their goals valued at 0.5 compared to those in top leagues.

Potentially give LIV players half the usual ranking points compared to those on the elite tours with proper formats?

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
The week just gone was inevitably going to bring the owgr and some of their decisions back into focus.

I like Zalatoris as a player, and he's had a hard time - definitely the right call fir him when received the invite. A chance to pick up some guaranteed points and $, he didn’t make the rules.

81, 68, 79, 71
Last place, earning him 2.1 ranking points.

Contrast with say
Meronk, T8 - 73, 68, 69, 66 for 1.86 points (in Oz)
And
Laporta, T10 - 69, 71, 69, 73 for 1.7 points (in SA)

As Tiger says, "earn it in the dirt" ! 🤣😆

(Cheeky climb of 531 places for him also!)

AussieKB

Visit site
Jason Day just went to top of Aussies, with what he got at Tiggers event bypassing playing here in OZ, people here not happy that Cam Smith will miss Olympics based on OWGR

TheDiablo

Challenge Tour Pro
Banned
Visit site
Jason Day just went to top of Aussies, with what he got at Tiggers event bypassing playing here in OZ, people here not happy that Cam Smith will miss Olympics based on OWGR

If there’s anyone to be unhappy with, it’s Cam Smith

He is the person that chose to take $150m which put at risk his participation in representing his country at the Olympics