Premiership,last day of the season?

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
What a great end to the season yesterday,so many twists and turns.Of course there were winners and losers,i felt for Blackpool the most because i cant see them ever getting back.And for wolves to stay up on goals scores at the expense of there great rivals Birmingham.Quality entertainment.Your thoughts

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
Shame to see Blackpool go down. Ian Holloway is one in a million.

I don't care much for Wolves as Mick McCarthy is a total douchebag so I'd have preferred to see Brum stay up.

Soco11

Club Champion
Visit site
Devastated at the moment being a blues fan. When we scored I thought that was it, then the news of the Wolves goal came through. If they hadn't have scored we would have held onto the ball and Payvlechenko wouldn't have scored.

The worrying thing is I'm looking at a few of our players who I have to say will want to move to premiership clubs now :(

PPE

Head Pro
Visit site
As a West Brom fan, beleive it or not I wanted B'ham and Wolves to stay up along with Blackpool. Therefore Blackburn and Wigan to go down.
Wigan - Great footballing team, but crowds of 5,000?
Blackburn - Deserve to go down after sacking Allydyce for no reason.
Blackpool - Have been absolutely fantastic, Ian Holloway is a legend, and my best mate is a Blackpool fan.
B'ham - Without doubt the worst footballing team we have played in the Prem. this year.
Wolves - I actually like Mick Mcarthy, but their fans are all fat and ugly :eek: apart from Suzi Perry ;)

bluenose10

Assistant Pro
www.collingtreeparkgolf.com
As a Birmingham fan obviously I am gutted but we probably deserved to go down. Cameron Jerome is possibly the worst striker in the league and didn't contribute this season with goals hence the worst record for goals scored In the league. Mcleish needs to go as he has ran out of ideas at the club and we only won the carlng cup due to arsenals blunder. With 40mins to go we had 3 young attackers on the bench and he should have gone for the win instead of play 451 and hope other results helped us out.

I think Wolves should have gone down due to Mccarthy being a plank and the fact they were relegation places most of the year. Wigan did what they needed to do so they stayed up and that's deserved and Blackpool scored but couldn't defend so deserved to go down with us and west ham.... Pretty fair in my opinion.... Goodbye Ben Foster, Roger Johnson, Scott Dann and possibly Nikola Zigic .... Dissapointed

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
not quite sure where the 5000 comes from.. every game i've been to at the DW this season has had somewhere between 16000 and 20000, except the West Ham game which had 24000+ inc 4500 West Ham fans (and no more, despite what they may tell everybody)...The fact is, we stayed up because we deserved to, and the club deserves credit as we have to rebuild the squad every season, as all the "star" players leave for bigger clubs..

PPE

Head Pro
Visit site
not quite sure where the 5000 comes from.. every game i've been to at the DW this season has had somewhere between 16000 and 20000, except the West Ham game which had 24000+ inc 4500 West Ham fans (and no more, despite what they may tell everybody)...The fact is, we stayed up because we deserved to, and the club deserves credit as we have to rebuild the squad every season, as all the "star" players leave for bigger clubs..

Sorry fella, I wasnt looking to have a dig ;)

As stated I like the football that Wigan play and I think that Martinez is one of the best young managers in the country, my figures of 5,000 for the crowds are based on times that I have looked at their attendances (which have been very few). However, please look here:-
http://itv.stats.football365.com/dom/ENG/PR/attend.html
only filling 66% of the ground is not good!

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
I know you weren't havin a dig matey.. it's just hard sometimes when all we get is stick over our fanbase. when I started going we had an average of 1800. a few years ago we had an average of 21000. Not many clubs can boast that sort of increase, especially when we are surrounded by the likes of Man U, Liverpool, Man City, Everton etc. I prefer to focus on 7 consecutive seasons in the top flight for a club that should never have climbed out of the bottom 2 tiers..By the way, sorry if my reply sounded a bit catty, I've still got a bad head from last night. Won yesterdays stableford comp, then came in and watched the tics climb out of the bottom 3. Everything after 8 o clock is a bit fuzzy.....

B

birdieman

Fair enough how it worked out. Does no harm that smaller clubs have their day but personally I would like to see some of the bigger clubs with large fan bases push for the premiership. Where are the likes of -
Leeds Utd, Sheffield Wednesday, Southampton, Nottingham Forest, Middlesborough?

Diddy wee teams in the premiership weakens it.

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
you're right of course.. there should be extra points on offer if the home crowd is above a certain figure. :).That way, Man U would win everything and all us little clubs wouldn't get all above ourselves and think that we deserve to be at the top table, just because we played better football. :eek:. hang on a minute..which clubs in the premiership have the highest number of "homegrown" supporters? Would it be Wigan, Blackpool, Bolton, Fulham etc..Wouldn't that make us real supporters, rather than new age glory hunters who think that "soccer" was invented by Rupert Murdoch back in the 90's. All the big teams you mentioned are exactly where they belong.

PPE

Head Pro
Visit site
Fair enough how it worked out. Does no harm that smaller clubs have their day but personally I would like to see some of the bigger clubs with large fan bases push for the premiership. Where are the likes of -

I'd disagree, West Brom are a small fry Premier League team imho, but I think that we have suprised (but more importantly) entertained the Premiership this year for example:-
Arsenal (Away) - Won 3-2
Man Utd (Away) - Drew 2-2 (The only team to get a point at Old Trafford)
Liverpool (Home) - Won 2-1 (Against a resurgent Dalglish Pool)
Ok, we may have defended like a Under 11's side but I think that we have made a good account of ourselves.

Bluewolf - Totally agree mate 7 consecutive seasons in the Prem is a great acheivement, especially on a budget.

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
cheers mate. I was gonna put West Brom in my list of best local support teams, but as my brother in law is a boing boing baggie, I just couldnt bring myself to do it. Bloody swine took great joy in seeing us at the bottom....

PPE

Head Pro
Visit site
you're right of course.. there should be extra points on offer if the home crowd is above a certain figure. :).That way, Man U would win everything and all us little clubs wouldn't get all above ourselves and think that we deserve to be at the top table, just because we played better football. :eek:. hang on a minute..which clubs in the premiership have the highest number of "homegrown" supporters? Would it be Wigan, Blackpool, Bolton, Fulham etc..Wouldn't that make us real supporters, rather than new age glory hunters who think that "soccer" was invented by Rupert Murdoch back in the 90's. All the big teams you mentioned are exactly where they belong.

What he said :)

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site

Forest keep falling at the final hurdle, unfortunately.

When (not if) we make it back to the Prem, we should have a stable base to give ourselves a good chance at staying there. The current Chairman has been stingy as anything with the cash to keep the bills down and get out of the horrendous debt we found ourselves in back in the 90's which means that a nice promotion bonus will give us a nice wad to invest in Premiership Quality players.

Also, given the history of the team, should attact "name" players to want to come and play at Forest if they're back in the top flight.

B

birdieman

Point was the likes of Wigan v QPR does not whet the appetite for the neutral football fan, that's why MOTD will stick it on last when everyone's fallen asleep!

They may well produce an entertaining 4-3 score but it will carry nothing of the significance for your average Joe football fan of say Liverpool beating Chelsea by the same score.

Pedigree - that's what the Premiership should show off - big stadia, big teams!

Soco11

Club Champion
Visit site
Bluewolf what do you think would've happened if N'zogbia had gone this season?

I thought he was outstanding, it was a shame he didn't sign for us last year but a great result for you.

Have to say congratulations to yourselves and Blackburn as you did what needed to be done on the day! We were relying on so many other teams to do it for us!

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
I've got to say birdieman, i'm enjoying your attempts at a wind up. in answer to your comments. If you want the premiership to be decided by popularity, then give murdoch a call and see if he can formulate a big brother style reality show in which joe average football fan can vote for whoever they think should win. Unfortunately for your argument, this would mean that Blackpool would now be champions of England, Europe and quite possibly the world. Newcastle would be in the northern premiership and Bolton would have been banished to the planet xena warrior princess. I think that you misunderstand Joe Average football fan. Any "real" football fan knows that the scores, and therefore the points are decided on the field, by the team, which has been assembled by the manager, and paid for by the board. At no point has any point ever been awarded for crowd size, popularity, highest number of super injunctions etc etc..Also, IIRC Wigan Athletic have been on MOTD first. And all we had to do was relegate West Ham. You remember them don't you. They were one of the big clubs, they even apparently won the world cup in 1966 (that was before Murdoch, you probably wouldnt be interested). It could also be noted that during Wigan Athletics first season in the Premiership (we finished 10th IIRC), If the league position of a team was decided by a worldwide vote, and using the alternative voting method, We would have won the double, all the player of the year awards and maybe even the Carling cup (fielding a weakened team obviously).

Oh, and if Charlie had left at any point this season, we would have been relegated without doubt. The guy will go to a bigger club soon, along with Mcarthy, Rodellega and a few others...

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
YOU GO BLUEWOLF ha ha well said , proud everton supporter here ok an irish one but still a loyal one .. costs me nearly the price of a season ticket to see one game , well worth it tho to be at goodison among real fans ,, we had baby in oct so finances mean i didnt get over this season , but will b over once or twice next year ,,