Premier League 2019-2020 we’re off

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 16999

To be fair they were ? ??

One of the other issues thats not been mentioned is how much money will be lost (mainly by us punters) in the gambling industry. I'd guess there be upwards of £200m lost if all pro football is cancelled null and void.

I didnt realise West Ham arent allowed to play football at their rented home after a certain date in may due to other commitments theyve got concerts etc.
That’s all I’m saying mate, as Football fan’s we get a bit blinkered and sometimes have to realise that the FA and PL are not everybody elses priority.

I’m sure Spurs have got Baseball, Concerts and NFL this year.

D

Deleted member 1740

That’s all I’m saying mate, as Football fan’s we get a bit blinkered and sometimes have to realise that the FA and PL are not everybody elses priority.

I’m sure Spurs have got Baseball, Concerts and NFL this year.

Its understandable that we do get blinkered etc but on this occasion, to null and void this season would hamper more teams especially down the lower leagues, Rotherham, Sunderland,Coventry, Exeter to name a very few.

Promotion for those sides not only helps competitively but financially. Then you've got Leeds and West Brom plus 1 from another 7 sides likely to go up through the play offs etc.

Anyway, am I the only one whose wondering wtf I'm going to do without football and sport for the next 4wks?

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Its understandable that we do get blinkered etc but on this occasion, to null and void this season would hamper more teams especially down the lower leagues, Rotherham, Sunderland,Coventry, Exeter to name a very few.

Promotion for those sides not only helps competitively but financially. Then you've got Leeds and West Brom plus 1 from another 7 sides likely to go up through the play offs etc.

Anyway, am I the only one whose wondering wtf I'm going to do without football and sport for the next 4wks?
Cleaned both cars today instead of Stoke at home. When we played them away neither side had a shot on target, so perhaps not such a bad day. Could have the cleanest cars on the road if season is over.

D

Deleted member 16999

Watched extra Telly today/evening, already sick of it??

I’d prefer the season to finish as as you say it’s the only fair and proper way to do it.

Sky News “expert” ;) saying UEFA have a meeting on Tuesday (video conference) were apparently they will make a decision on ALL European Comps for the remainder of this season, the priority being the Euros.

Our Government to make possible announcements on crowds mon/tues and then PL Clubs to video conference on thurs to discuss way forward/fall out from Government and UEFA mtgs.

Apparently they’d prefer full agreement of 20 Clubs but it only needs 14 Clubs for a majority decision on any vote.

Also as you say it has knock on effects for local business’s, played with a lad today who owns a Cafe near the Stadium of Light and he said even cancelling Sunderland home games and concerts will have a big effect on his turnover.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
In the event of a definitive stop with played at least 75% of league matches- will be outlined:

Title of the current season assigned to Liverpool, promoted Leeds and WBA from Championship, no relegation and EPL 2020/21 with 22 teams.

D

Deleted member 1740

In the event of a definitive stop with played at least 75% of league matches- will be outlined:

Title of the current season assigned to Liverpool, promoted Leeds and WBA from Championship, no relegation and EPL 2020/21 with 22 teams.

What about leagues 1,2 and the national league?

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Whatever happens with regards to Liverpool and how they may/may not win the Premier League, I will hold my hands up in appreciation of how they've played this season and totally dominated the EPL from start to finish.
Congrats to them, they've been brilliant.

Now I need a shower!

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
??

Having been the best team to date and being absolutely miles ahead it's far from tainted.
If the fixtures are not completed, it definitely will be. In the history books, it will show Liverpool top of the league with an asterisk next to their name, with an explanation along the lines of 'Title awarded after league season was cut short due to worldwide health issues.'

No title winning moment, no champagne in the dressing room, no open top bus parade, etc.

Like it or not, this season will now likely not be remembered as 'the one where Liverpool finally buried the ghosts of the past,' but 'the one that was cut short due to coronavirus.'

4LEX

Visit site
The season will be written off. It only needs 14/20 votes.

The teams in the relegation zone will vote that, the teams in or around it will do the same too. Mid table sides won't care and will want it written off to rest, recover and prepare for next season without a summer of games. That'll be enough. The only teams that will want it finished are Liverpool for the title, Leicester for CL football, Man Utd as they might sneak 4th and Wolves as they have a chance of 4th if unlikely.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
What about leagues 1,2 and the national league?

Sorry, unlike some on here I don’t have a mole in the FA HQ, or should I say, couldn’t find anything about the lower leagues on Google ?

I’d assume, it would based on the same premise as the PL & Championship.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Maybe games remaining to be played are played as both the last of this season and the first of next season. With no promotion or relegation. They don’t count double points but the result counts for both season 2019/20 and 2020/21 with compensation being paid to the top two of The Championship for not being promoted. Tough ... however times will become very,very tough for very many.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
If we're in a good place, and it's 100% under control, Play whats left June/July........
Start next season Mid Sept....no panic, easily done,more important things to worry about than Footie..

If we're still in a bad place come summer...it's a no Brainer...this season get's voided...
City Keep LC,only fair.....

Sorry Red Scouse....when yer lucks out it's out.......
icon_lol.gif

Joint Fund to be set up....Gov/FA/PREM/Sky/BT.....help lower league clubs thru any financial difficulties,
even by way of No interest Loans...

D

Deleted member 1740

If the fixtures are not completed, it definitely will be. In the history books, it will show Liverpool top of the league with an asterisk next to their name, with an explanation along the lines of 'Title awarded after league season was cut short due to worldwide health issues.'

No title winning moment, no champagne in the dressing room, no open top bus parade, etc.

Like it or not, this season will now likely not be remembered as 'the one where Liverpool finally buried the ghosts of the past,' but 'the one that was cut short due to coronavirus.'

Luckily, I've been celebrating our title win since Boxing Day so i've not missed much. There'll be no reason for me to look into the history books, my memory is good enough to remember this seasons performances and only dropping 5pts to date ?

D

Deleted member 1740

Sorry, unlike some on here I don’t have a mole in the FA HQ, or should I say, couldn’t find anything about the lower leagues on Google ?

I’d assume, it would based on the same premise as the PL & Championship.

Well, you know the usual rules, unless you can prove your point with facts then your post is irrelevant ?