Premier League 2019-2020 we’re off

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
If the season is just finished & the team at the top are crowned champions,then surely teams in relegation positions are relegated & European positions qualify for Europe.
Common sense ?‍♂️

Too much money at stake for it to be that easy imo.

Realistically Liverpool wouldn’t earn much difference in prize money being 1st or 2nd, but finishing 4th or 5th has massive consequences. As does relegation.

norwich look gone, but anyone from 15th downwards could easily get relegated and you could argue a few more above if the had a terrible finish.

D

Deleted member 1740

Cancel the season

Get the chants ready ..

'My corna' when Liverpool come to town

Dont worry about us PJ87, You'll be sitting at home waiting for a parcel, whilst yer neighbour parks across your drive as the mighty reds turn up and runs riot at your rented home ?

Pin-seeker

Visit site

Realistically Liverpool wouldn’t earn much difference in prize money being 1st or 2nd, but finishing 4th or 5th has massive consequences. As does relegation.

norwich look gone, but anyone from 15th downwards could easily get relegated and you could argue a few more above if the had a terrible finish.
My point is you either respect all current league positions or none.
No one as mathematically won or been relegated.
Personally I think the season will end up playing out so no issue.

D

Deleted member 1740

The league is only won ( BY ANY TEAM) when its mathematically done and nothing else. Promotion and relegation should only be treated the same as above.

I do not want liverpool to win the the league now, we need to earn/make sure ourselves whenever it may be.

D

Deleted member 1740

Again though Pete, I’d love for it all to start again and get finished, but going on what “experts” are saying, we’ll still be dealing with this at it’s height in May/June, something will have to give.

UEFA/FIFA will fight their corner, PL their’s and unless they compromise or take drastic action next season somethings got to give.

Unless everything is played to a conclusion, some Club, somewhere will feel badly done to.

The fairest and most practical way to conclude the season is to reconvene the season and every one play out the games. No team wouldve benefited from PL/FA decisions.

For the record, I want liverpool to play as many games as it takes to win the league.

Shove her asterisk were the sun dont shine.

D

Deleted member 16999

The fairest and most practical way to conclude the season is to reconvene the season and every one play out the games. No team wouldve benefited from PL/FA decisions.

For the record, I want liverpool to play as many games as it takes to win the league.

Shove her asterisk were the sun dont shine.
I think we all want that mate, the question is, “What do they do if it can’t”? Or “How long do you wait to reconvene”?

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
The league is only won ( BY ANY TEAM) when its mathematically done and nothing else. Promotion and relegation should only be treated the same as above.

I do not want liverpool to win the the league now, we need to earn/make sure ourselves whenever it may be.
I wasn't saying hand you a title by default.
Simply stating that the ramifications of the rpize money you'd get would be inconsequential.

As opposed to other positions where one spot makes a whole difference.

D

Deleted member 16999

Compensation? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Premier leagues gets about £3billion a season from TV here and overseas, if the league doesn't finish I don't think the TV boys will be paying up.
Could be some serious financial issues ahead, particularly for the small clubs further down the money tree.
Seeing as how the PL has already stated what each team gets for each finishing position it could get pooled and shared equally amongst all teams.

The PL already have this season’s money.:rolleyes:

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
They have the money but there will be redress if they breach the contract by not playing the agreed amount of games.
TV companies won't pay for something they are not getting.

They'll need to be careful though. If they genuinely feel they are due a refund for not having a contract honoured and sue for it. They would literally be encouraging all their customers to sue for refunds for that exact same reason.

D

Deleted member 1740

When do you reconvene Stu?
What about transfer windows? Players contracts expiring before the re start date?

Whatever they do decide, I bet someone feels hard done by and does that open up legal challenges?

I'd say 2nd week in April providing situation eases but make preparations for 1st week in June to reconvene .... Leave transfer window open til 1st Nov or 12 weeks from last game of the season whatever the date is. Players contracts to run 4weeks past the last game of season to protect both players and clubs....I dont think any club could complain or feel hard done by if the fixtures are carried on from whenever the clubs/FA/PL feels it safe to do so.

I cant think of a fairer way to finish the league.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
There will be something deep in the sponsorship agreements about this sort of issue .... unless someone hasn't done their job properly ;)

Could all be back playing in May... or September! Or whenever.

Just takes a bit of planning once folk know what's what. Currently it's all just speculation

D

Deleted member 16999

They have the money but there will be redress if they breach the contract by not playing the agreed amount of games.
TV companies won't pay for something they are not getting.
It’s split 3 Parts:
Part 1. All Clubs get equal share, - Last season £79mil.

Part 2. Money based on finishing position, Last season £38mil for top down to about £2mil for last.

Part 3. TV live games, Last Season £33mil down to £12mil.

If the PL cancel their League, Part 1 is guaranteed, Part 2 could be pooled and shared amongst all Clubs equally.
Part 3 could be less as less games shown live.

D

Deleted member 1740

I think we all want that mate, the question is, “What do they do if it can’t”? Or “How long do you wait to reconvene”?

The PL can do whatever they want, they hold the aces.

I'm pretty certain UEFA do not want to cancel their flagship event. I'd say the CL is bigger than the UEFA Euro's.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
If the season is just finished & the team at the top are crowned champions,then surely teams in relegation positions are relegated & European positions qualify for Europe.
Common sense ?‍♂️
I don't think anyone would be saying "just make Liverpool champions" if they weren't 20 odd points ahead or whatever it is. If there was 1 point in it it's whole different story. For Villa say to go down by a point and having a game in hand would be unbelievable harsh, when compared to saying City don't win the league this year when they could have mathematically made up a 20 points deficit.