Premier League 2019-2020 we’re off

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Nobody can deny Liverpool the title and so have no issue with that being awarded.

I like the idea of 2 promoted and no relagation. Start next season early to allow for the extra 4 matches. Play them when most teams go on their trips abroad for pre season warm up trophies as it may still not be adviseable to travel to some of these areas. If necessary, bring the premier league clubs into the cup tournaments a round or 2 later. Champions league spots are more of an issue as there are a few teams laying claim to that last spot. Not sure how you sort that one out. Maybe to reduce fixture congestion you shrink the champions league, get rid of all the preliminary stuff and jut have the top 2 from each nation involved.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Not bad for 10 minutes work Pete
Big assumption, as you say, is that they get back to playing by April.
If this thing is due to peak sometime in May and still be a problem come August then it's a massive headache for the authorities and whichever course they steer will upset and anger someone....

The 10 minutes was last night though. :D

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Look the worst of it will be in about 14 weeks not 4 weeks, it's madness if we think it is going to be better in a few weeks, it is going to be so much worse.

Abandon the season. Declare Liverpool the league winners. Relegate no one, let the top 2 come up and relegate 5 next season and 2 up.

Top 4 get 2cl and next 2 get europa league.

Start season in Aug/ September if we can.

I hate saying this but I support Everton..
Two more teams means they'd have to fit in four extra gameweeks next season when the calendar is already squashed.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Is there anything to stop UEFA delaying the CL and Europa qualifiers until September and then simply play through every two weeks or so all through the season to catch up. If each league could get this season done by August there could be a two-three break (and a curtailed transfer window) and then start the season a few months later.

D

Deleted member 16999

Stop the season now, give teams in 1st place the titles.

Bin all promotion and relegation, Bin all European Comps next season.

Start next season with teams in the Leagues they are now in Aug/Sep.

Bin International matches for 2-3 years.

No point thinking about how to play comps overseas for a few years if predictions for the virus coming back next winter are correct.

National Leagues only.

Start Internationals and European Club Comps again in 2-3 years time.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I say every club puts forward their hardest player and we have a 20 man Royal Rumble to decide the league table. Entry into the rumble dictated by current league position of course.
Our lads are all to nice, we would definitely be relegation fodder. I'm another one lumping on to Wolves and Traore. The lads a beast.

Wolf

Visit site
Our lads are all to nice, we would definitely be relegation fodder. I'm another one lumping on to Wolves and Traore. The lads a beast.
Everton could always register big Dunc as a player and get him to represent them.. Arsenal though I'd enter Kolasinac, them Serbs are crazy.. Though Traore is a beast.

Swango1980

Visit site
Really annoyed. Was going to cancel my BT Sport subscription, only to find out they took my monthly payment YESTERDAY. Talk about bad timing for me, great timing for them.

So, guess I'm stuck with it for another month. Silver lining, hopefully they'll keep showing repeats of the Liverpool v Atletico game :) . I guess that will be worth £29.99