Premier League 2019-2020 we’re off

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If only all the defences in your teams were as good as the excuses for stopping Liverpool winning the league we wouldn’t be so far ahead.
It’s very amusing.!
There is so much money involved that it will be finished, one way or another.
Coin toss for each game is my call.
Get the captains all in the studios and sort it one Saturday afternoon with no VAR.
I am sure Hendo could win two!!!

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Alternatively we could have the most tense cup competition of Rock, Paper Scissors ever to decide CL, relegation and promotition across the divisions. That would be a tv show well worth watching.

Sadly, I have to report that a "so-called" liverpool fan rang up TS yesterday and said that they should reconvene a pool panel committee to decide the results of the last so many matches.

We all have them!! :rolleyes:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
If only all the defences in your teams were as good as the excuses for stopping Liverpool winning the league we wouldn’t be so far ahead.
It’s very amusing.!
There is so much money involved that it will be finished, one way or another.
Coin toss for each game is my call.
Get the captains all in the studios and sort it one Saturday afternoon with no VAR.
I am sure Hendo could win two!!!
Don't be silly, no large public gatherings. Can't do that.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Right, now some of the knobs have had their say, why not look at sensible options?

IF, and I mean IF it restarts in April and we're over or nearly over the worst of it:-

1. Either play through till end of May/early June, 2-3 games a week, every 3 days, as normal. Cancel the Euros until next year, so to avoid more international fan travel, sack the nations league next year.

Biggest loser - the nations league - lets face it no one is that bothered anyway, never mind understanding it's format.

2. Play 4-5 league games this year, April onwards. Bring the players back 1st August to play the last 4-5 league games and cup games. If all trophies/relegations/promotions won/lost/ by end of August, we have a 2-3 week transfer window in September once clubs know where they are. Cancel the league cup for premiership sides for 1 season, so they can catch up on next seasons league games. Premier league to pay the EFL a (say 50 million purse) to be split between EFL clubs, to compensate.

Biggest loser - league cup for prem sides for 1 season.

Not perfect, but thought up in 10 minutes, lets see someone do better.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Right, now some of the knobs have had their say, why not look at sensible options?

IF, and I mean IF it restarts in April and we're over or nearly over the worst of it:-

1. Either play through till end of May/early June, 2-3 games a week, every 3 days, as normal. Cancel the Euros until next year, so to avoid more international fan travel, sack the nations league next year.

Biggest loser - the nations league - lets face it no one is that bothered anyway, never mind understanding it's format.

2. Play 4-5 league games this year, April onwards. Bring the players back 1st August to play the last 4-5 league games and cup games. If all trophies/relegations/promotions won/lost/ by end of August, we have a 2-3 week transfer window in September once clubs know where they are. Cancel the league cup for premiership sides for 1 season, so they can catch up on next seasons league games. Premier league to pay the EFL a (say 50 million purse) to be split between EFL clubs, to compensate.

Not bad for 10 minutes work Pete
Big assumption, as you say, is that they get back to playing by April.
If this thing is due to peak sometime in May and still be a problem come August then it's a massive headache for the authorities and whichever course they steer will upset and anger someone....

Swango1980

Visit site

Liverpool fans would do anything to win the league ;)

Reemul

Head Pro
Visit site

IF, and I mean IF it restarts in April and we're over or nearly over the worst of it:

Look the worst of it will be in about 14 weeks not 4 weeks, it's madness if we think it is going to be better in a few weeks, it is going to be so much worse.

Abandon the season. Declare Liverpool the league winners. Relegate no one, let the top 2 come up and relegate 5 next season and 2 up.

Top 4 get 2cl and next 2 get europa league.

Start season in Aug/ September if we can.

I hate saying this but I support Everton..

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site

Well I'm very much on board with sacking off the Nations League. Most pointless idea ever, purely to glorify international friendlies that nobody wanted.

I think whatever happens the Euros will have to be pushed back a year now. I think that, although they've only postponed two weeks of fixtures now, it will end up being more than that. It's not like the virus will be over in two weeks. Perhaps in two month's time they'll be in position to finish the season - with games every three days on a hectic schedule. Start the following season later as you've mentioned. I'm not sure cancelling the league cup for only Prem teams will be a factor, because surely all the lower leagues will be in the same boat? Or are their games not postponed at the moment? Either way the Prem sides tend to just field reserves in that anyway.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Far to sensible !
Nobody wants us to be Champions.
Good call though. Gets rid of some crap international’s.

D

Deleted member 1740

Why not just reconvene from whatever date possible and play all the games.

Once the league has reconvened and we know the issue is getting better then make arrangements for next season with the knowledge instead of guessing.

Even if it means delaying the start of next season. For the whole football league this seasons fixtures must be completed.

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
Look the worst of it will be in about 14 weeks not 4 weeks, it's madness if we think it is going to be better in a few weeks, it is going to be so much worse.

Abandon the season. Declare Liverpool the league winners. Relegate no one, let the top 2 come up and relegate 5 next season and 2 up.

Top 4 get 2cl and next 2 get europa league.

Start season in Aug/ September if we can.

I hate saying this but I support Everton..

Good a solution as any. It would be wrong to deny Liverpool the title.
It would be wrong to relegate anyone.