Premier League 2019-2020 we’re off

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
Really annoyed. Was going to cancel my BT Sport subscription, only to find out they took my monthly payment YESTERDAY. Talk about bad timing for me, great timing for them.

So, guess I'm stuck with it for another month. Silver lining, hopefully they'll keep showing repeats of the Liverpool v Atletico game :) . I guess that will be worth £29.99

Are they not showing man u’s 2019/2020 CL campaign?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Everton could always register big Dunc as a player and get him to represent them.. Arsenal though I'd enter Kolasinac, them Serbs are crazy.. Though Traore is a beast.
Now that is thinking outside of the box, I like what you did there. I think half of the blokes would jump out voluntarily once they saw Dunc in there snarling. Out of respect for his age I'd bring him out at that point, mid table is all we deserve this year ?.

Can't argue with your Arsenal choice. Lucky you have him as the rest could have you in serious trouble ?

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Stop the season now, give teams in 1st place the titles.

Bin all promotion and relegation, Bin all European Comps next season.

Start next season with teams in the Leagues they are now in Aug/Sep.

Bin International matches for 2-3 years.

No point thinking about how to play comps overseas for a few years if predictions for the virus coming back next winter are correct.

National Leagues only.

Start Internationals and European Club Comps again in 2-3 years time.

So you would give us the league, but the likes of Leeds and West Brom wouldnt come up - hardly fair?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Sky quoting an unnamed source saying there's a 75% chance this season wont be completed....
Someone quite high up who demanded anonymity

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Sky quoting an unnamed source saying there's a 75% chance this season wont be completed....
Someone quite high up who demanded anonymity

Anyone with any degree of common sense knows this is the out come

People just think every day life is more important than health

D

Deleted member 16999

So you would give us the league, but the likes of Leeds and West Brom wouldnt come up - hardly fair?
It’s a unique situation, I genuinely don’t think this season will get finished.

Maybe there’ll be financial compensation for teams if the season doesn’t finish.

SPL has a rule were if so many games (I think it’s 30) are played they will have play offs to decide the places.

I believe the PL have no such rule and their rules state if the season isn’t finished it’s simply cancelled. That’s not fair either.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
If and its a big if, things are at the better end of projections, then they should finish "this" season from september then play half a season next year (ie home or away not home and away) then get fully back on track the following season imho

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
It’s a unique situation, I genuinely don’t think this season will get finished.

Maybe there’ll be financial compensation for teams if the season doesn’t finish.

SPL has a rule were if so many games (I think it’s 30) are played they will have play offs to decide the places.

I believe the PL have no such rule and their rules state if the season isn’t finished it’s simply cancelled. That’s not fair either.

I know.

What would you give Leeds, say? 1 billion? say they never come up for another 25 years?

You only have to look at Sheffield United, who were given compensation, but hardly right when you see how west ham cheated their way out of relegation way back when, at their expense.

Would you give City 100 million still being at the early stages of the CL, but I'm sure they would rather have a go at winning it in case they dont get a chance with KDB, Sterling and Aguero at their peak, as may not get a chance for another 2-3 years, if not longer if loads of players leave.

Money cant compensate for glory or promotion.

D

Deleted member 16999

I know.

What would you give Leeds, say? 1 billion? say they never come up for another 25 years?

You only have to look at Sheffield United, who were given compensation, but hardly right when you see how west ham cheated their way out of relegation way back when, at their expense.

Would you give City 100 million still being at the early stages of the CL, but I'm sure they would rather have a go at winning it in case they dont get a chance with KDB, Sterling and Aguero at their peak, as may not get a chance for another 2-3 years, if not longer if loads of players leave.

Money cant compensate for glory or promotion.
Again though Pete, I’d love for it all to start again and get finished, but going on what “experts” are saying, we’ll still be dealing with this at it’s height in May/June, something will have to give.

UEFA/FIFA will fight their corner, PL their’s and unless they compromise or take drastic action next season somethings got to give.

Unless everything is played to a conclusion, some Club, somewhere will feel badly done to.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Again though Pete, I’d love for it all to start again and get finished, but going on what “experts” are saying, we’ll still be dealing with this at it’s height in May/June, something will have to give.

UEFA/FIFA will fight their corner, PL their’s and unless they compromise or take drastic action next season somethings got to give.

Unless everything is played to a conclusion, some Club, somewhere will feel badly done to.

Correct, but there are some things quoted that are just farcical options.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
If the season is just finished & the team at the top are crowned champions,then surely teams in relegation positions are relegated & European positions qualify for Europe.
Common sense ?‍♂️