Premier League 2019-2020 we’re off

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The announcement on the club websites basically puts the whole 1st team squad out and states matches will not be able to be played, it also puts the youth squad and academy players out as well.

Its certainly going to impact the season in some way.

Football should be the last thing thought about right now.

The world's a mess as it is with the stock market suffering. People panic buying

People dying from this virus

Football should well and truly know it's place and take a back seat

Wolf

Visit site
Football should be the last thing thought about right now.

The world's a mess as it is with the stock market suffering. People panic buying

People dying from this virus

Football should well and truly know it's place and take a back seat
Whilst I agree with everything you say there and it's all true. It could also be said for some that watching the game is an escape from the miserable world that is currently around us.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Whilst I agree with everything you say there and it's all true. It could also be said for some that watching the game is an escape from the miserable world that is currently around us.

Wolf if it was you or I it would be watching 2 rubbish teams let in goals for fun

Would make the world more depressing

Last edited by a moderator:

Swango1980

Visit site
I reckon Euro's will be postponed until next year, meaning leagues can finish in summer.

Given Grand Prix off, Players Championship cancelled, etc. Time to cancel my Sky Sports and BT Sports subscriptions

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I reckon Euro's will be postponed until next year, meaning leagues can finish in summer.

Given Grand Prix off, Players Championship cancelled, etc. Time to cancel my Sky Sports and BT Sports subscriptions
One of the lesser issues in all of this but Sky have 9 sports channels, BT have 2/3 but there will be no sport to show. Lots of reruns to be shown but Sky Sports News will be dreading the amount of empty time they are going to have to fill with nothing to talk about. I'm sure plenty will follow you and be cancelling now TV and other subscriptions.

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
One of the lesser issues in all of this but Sky have 9 sports channels, BT have 2/3 but there will be no sport to show. Lots of reruns to be shown but Sky Sports News will be dreading the amount of empty time they are going to have to fill with nothing to talk about. I'm sure plenty will follow you and be cancelling now TV and other subscriptions.

Sky Sports News will have to start their countdown to Transfer Deadline Day pretty early this year...??

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Damn I thought I was the only one thinking this, haha. Life goes on, stiff upper lip and all that. :p
We were talking yesterday about what everyone at work is doing this weekend. Not a single person is altering their plans, business as usual. If you listened to yesterdays PM conference, heard the Health advisor this morning on BBC Breakfast that is largely what they said. Use common sense, wash your hands more and carry on. We may end up like the final scene in Carry on up the Khyber but we are not there yet.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
We were talking yesterday about what everyone at work is doing this weekend. Not a single person is altering their plans, business as usual. If you listened to yesterdays PM conference, heard the Health advisor this morning on BBC Breakfast that is largely what they said. Use common sense, wash your hands more and carry on. We may end up like the final scene in Carry on up the Khyber but we are not there yet.
Yeah. This is the first weekend in a month I may actually get to play golf and football again thanks to the god awful weather. There's no way I'm cancelling that for a stupid virus!

Wolf

Visit site
So, will Stu, LP, LB or DaveMc1 be the first to shoot into the open goal on that one :unsure:
I don't think we need wait long to find out...

In other related news BBC just confirming Chelsea player Calum Hudson-Odoi tested positive for it as well so Chelsea first team will have to isolate. Also UEFA have suspended Champions and Europarooa leagues

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I don't think we need wait long to find out...

In other related news BBC just confirming Chelsea player Calum Hudson-Odoi tested positive for it as well so Chelsea first team will have to isolate. Also UEFA have suspended Champions and Europarooa leagues
Let's face it, they're drip-feeding it to us but all games will be stopped before very long. Euros will be pushed back to next year so that Premier League can finish in the summer I should think.