Premier League 2019-2020 we’re off

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Whatever happens to the football this year both in the prem, Europe, world football. I can see there’s enough ammunition for another 200 pages on this forum.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Tough decisions for leagues and UEFA ahead. Spain football off for two weeks and given the explosion in the last 48 hours for corona in Spain can see that lasting for a lot longer. No doubt most European leagues will stop as will sport in general. How do you resolve it with Euros looming and a new season due in August. Do the authorities simply write off the 2019/20 season across the board. What about the rest of sport. No golf majors? No Royal Ascot or Wimbledon? Will all records simply have a - against this year

Swango1980

Visit site
Tough decisions for leagues and UEFA ahead. Spain football off for two weeks and given the explosion in the last 48 hours for corona in Spain can see that lasting for a lot longer. No doubt most European leagues will stop as will sport in general. How do you resolve it with Euros looming and a new season due in August. Do the authorities simply write off the 2019/20 season across the board. What about the rest of sport. No golf majors? No Royal Ascot or Wimbledon? Will all records simply have a - against this year
I'm sure the golf majors will be fine, well 3 of them at least. No way Donald Trump is going to allow anyone to call off a Major in the USA. This pandemic is important, but in his eyes golf will always be more important.

SteveJay

Head Pro
Visit site
[QUOTE Do the authorities simply write off the 2019/20 season across the board. What about the rest of sport. No golf majors? No Royal Ascot or Wimbledon? Will all records simply have a - against this year[/QUOTE]

Lets hope so - would love to see the reaction from all the Liverpool "it's our Year" fans :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Lets hope so - would love to see the reaction from all the Liverpool "it's our Year" fans :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:[/QUOTE]

I will give you a reaction .
This says more about you than Liverpool fans!
It’s only football people are losing their lives.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
He, and Liverpool are desperate to.win the league. The blinkers are on so that anything outside the league doesn't really matter.

He, or Liverpool, simply do not have the ambition of, say Ferguson and United, to aim higher and turn a league into a treble. He, or Liverpool, are not yet at the same level of a Wenger and Arsenal or maybe a Ancelotti and Chelsea to go for a double.

At this stage, they are happy to achieve something that Leicester and Blackburn have done before them. But, fair play to them, they know what they want and they are putting absolutely everything into it to get it. Perhaps this will be their year, where they win the league, and City win everything else.

What an absolute crock.

Didnt Fergie have about 24 goes at a champions league, and was only successful twice - maybe he wasnt trying hard enough, eh?

Last edited:

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Reading that Mendy is in isolation after a family member has been confirmed with the virus. Paramedics in hachem suits at his house for 5hrs, so what now, all the city players put in self isolation?

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Funny. You heavily read between lines to try and make any discussion personal. Poor form really.

All I was saying that, once Liverpool won league, they will have achieved the same as Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea, Man City, Blackburn and Leicester. Nothing wrong with that, but that's simply the case.

I was also saying that it seems they do not necessarily have the ambition to push for more, and so not on the same level as sides that have done more in the past. Yet. I agree teams need to rotate. But, when they have built up the biggest lead in history on the league, you'd think they'd have given themselves the perfect opportunity to rest players in league games, and then massively push for every trophy. To become one of the greatest seasons in history of any club.

But, they haven't. And, that is fine, it's up to them. I can see why the desperation to win the league is so high, after so long without one.

Maybe they will get through in Champions League anyway, but I was ONLY saying that Liverpool are not at the same level as what other clubs have achieved in a season in the past. However, after this year, then next year they may well end up having the balls to strive for more. In just over a year time, we could be saying they've had the greatest season in history, or at least achieved as much as anyone else has.

However, people really need to calm down when an opinion is made that they cant handle. I'm not trying to troll here, I only responded to someone elses comment about Liverpool. But, if I was trolling, you rise to the bait perfectly

So if Liverpool win it with say 106 points it will be exactly the same as the ones you've mentioned?

I wonder why everyone talks records then, as well as trophies?

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
With no disrespect mate, it’s not that simple, hat’s off to any fan travelling to support their team, but is a fan doing it for the first time this season any better than a fan who did for years and years and for whatever reason can’t do it anymore?

Do you lose the tag of “real fan” after missing so many games or seasons or in reverse, do you only get that tag after you’ve travelled to so many games.

The problem with the whole debate/discussion to me, is that it is wrong to label any individual with a particular status, armchair, home supporter only or goes to every game.

A “fan” is a “fan” and everybody’s circumstances are different and who are “we” to sit in judgement.

Pass me a cushion. ;)

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Plenty of chances for Liverpool in normal time prevented by some good goalkeeping, poor finishing and good blocking. Simeone got his tactics spot on. At least Liverpool have only got two more wins in the PL to get and we can all relax

Are you for real?

Tactics spot on when we had 20 odd shots on goal etc. Even our left back should have had a hat-trick last night. Oblak made some great saves and pushed and parried so many, but he was lucky that most went to his own players. How is that tactically astute? We just finished poorly.

Your looking at the result rather than the game itself.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
And then you get situations like in Paris last night when thousands of fans just congregate outside the ground, and the potential for trouble. Awful for emergency services to cope with that.

No the more sensible solution is to write this season off, relegate the bottom 3, hand CL places to the top 4, put an * by Liverpool, and start again in August........??

I'm gonna open a shop up in Manchester called"astersisksareus", I'll be rich.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
United putting in a very professional performance tonight.
Fernandes did what Fernandes does, Ighalo looks to be a great piece of business, (albeit United stumbled into that one), and Fred seems to be growing with every performance.
I know it was 'only' against Lask, but United have secured the result and the tie.
Fringe players for the home leg, (if that goes ahead), and rest the first teamers.
Good job, well done.

Wolf

Visit site
Arteta tests positive for Corona virus confirmed, be interested in how this pans out now as anyone in contact has been advised to go into isolation including first team squad..

Edit Captainron just beat me to it ?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Arteta tests positive for Corona virus confirmed, be interested in how this pans out now as anyone in contact has been advised to go into isolation including first team squad..

Edit Captainron just beat me to it ?

He shock hands with Moyes at weekend.. so that's got to be our squad out aswell

Cancel the season it's gonna spread

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Are you for real?

Tactics spot on when we had 20 odd shots on goal etc. Even our left back should have had a hat-trick last night. Oblak made some great saves and pushed and parried so many, but he was lucky that most went to his own players. How is that tactically astute? We just finished poorly.

Your looking at the result rather than the game itself.
Have you seen Klopp post match interview where he’s bleating that Madrid sat back and didn’t play football.
Basically wanting them to play football and play into your hands.
What a numpty

Wolf

Visit site
He shock hands with Moyes at weekend.. so that's got to be our squad out aswell

Cancel the season it's gonna spread
The announcement on the club websites basically puts the whole 1st team squad out and states matches will not be able to be played, it also puts the youth squad and academy players out as well.

Its certainly going to impact the season in some way.