Premier League 2019-2020 we’re off

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Wolf

Visit site
Let's face it, they're drip-feeding it to us but all games will be stopped before very long. Euros will be pushed back to next year so that Premier League can finish in the summer I should think.
No just call the whole season off and start a new one in August, means us Arsenal fans can delude ourselves into forgetting how bad we were and Liverpool don't win the league, that'll do nicely ?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
No just call the whole season off and start a new one in August, means us Arsenal fans can delude ourselves into forgetting how bad we were and Liverpool don't win the league, that'll do nicely ?
Would be hilarious but banter aside I don't see how that would work. Leicester would be fuming that they don't get Champion's League, Spurs would be laughing, and if City's ban is still upheld then are Arsenal suddenly in the Champion's League having finished 5th last season?? Further down, would League One start with 23 teams still or would they bump teams up to fill the gap that Bury left?

Wolf

Visit site
Would be hilarious but banter aside I don't see how that would work. Leicester would be fuming that they don't get Champion's League, Spurs would be laughing, and if City's ban is still upheld then are Arsenal suddenly in the Champion's League having finished 5th last season?? Further down, would League One start with 23 teams still or would they bump teams up to fill the gap that Bury left?
The sensible way to achieve it if they did go ahead with cancelling it would be to declare the league standings as they are now. Liverpool are champions, City ban upheld meaning UTD get the extra Champions league spot, Wolves & Sheff Utd get Europa league and the bottom 3 are relegated. That would still upset some fans but it's the fairest way. Then lower leagues instead of play offs just promote the top 3 automatically for this year.

Norrin Radd

Tour Winner
Visit site
The sensible way to achieve it if they do go ahead with cancelling it would be to declare the league standings as they are now. liverpool are champions, City ban upheld meaning UTD get the extra Champions league spot, Wolves & Sheff Utd get Europa league and the bottom 3 are relegated. That would still upset some fans but it's the fairest way. Then lower leagues instead of play offs just promote the top 3 automatically for this year.

as a Brighton fan im all over this

Last edited:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
The sensible way to achieve it if they did go ahead with cancelling it would be to declare the league standings as they are now. Liverpool are champions, City ban upheld meaning UTD get the extra Champions league spot, Wolves & Sheff Utd get Europa league and the bottom 3 are relegated. That would still upset some fans but it's the fairest way. Then lower leagues instead of play offs just promote the top 3 automatically for this year.
I don't think that's fair at all either. First of all Villa have a game in hand right now, in which a win would put them safe. Secondly, West Ham's next 3 games are all relatively tough (on paper anyway) and may have seen them drop into the relegation zone. I don't think anything which sees the games not completed is fair at this stage.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I don't think that's fair at all either. First of all Villa have a game in hand right now, in which a win would put them safe. Secondly, West Ham's next 3 games are all relatively tough (on paper anyway) and may have seen them drop into the relegation zone. I don't think anything which sees the games not completed is fair at this stage.
Spurs is 3 banker these days.. especially at that ground we undefeated

Wolf

Visit site
I disagree totally people's current league positions are an accurate account of the the season so far. If that means a team is relegated with a game in hand yes its harsh but nobody knows if they'd have won it anyway. Upcoming games are irrelevant, people's health is far more important than any sport will ever be.

I suggested it as its the only logical option if the season cannot restart, the only other option is null and void the whole season which will cause as many complaints. Its easy to say move the Euros and complete it in the summer but at the moment we don't even know what's going to happen after the peak there will be knock on effects, its just as likely right now that the season won't complete at all and that next season could be delayed.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I disagree totally people's current league positions are an accurate account of the the season so far. If that means a team is relegated with a game in hand yes its harsh but nobody knows if they'd have won it anyway. Upcoming games are irrelevant, people's health is far more important than any sport will ever be.

I suggested it as its the only logical option if the season cannot restart, the only other option is null and void the whole season which will cause as many complaints. Its easy to say move the Euros and complete it in the summer but at the moment we don't even know what's going to happen after the peak there will be knock on effects, its just as likely right now that the season won't complete at all and that next season could be delayed.

Wolf I normally agree but only a total wipe out of the season for me

Not because it suits me but it's only fair way

How can you relegate anyone who's not mathamatically down

How can you promote anyone who could be caught by 3rd place and such

So now the season suspends

Those games need playing

We restart April 4th say west ham fixtures are suddenly the "easier" ones and we suddenly have less players injured

So we put s run in where as we could be on a 4 game losing streak by then

Just wipe the season out

Reemul

Head Pro
Visit site

What about Sheff Utd who's game in hand puts them in the champions league, their form shows they are likely to win it. There is no fair way.

What does it mean for players out of contract in June as well, if the season is ongoing can they play can they move etc etc.

In my opinion there will be no more games for 12 - 16 weeks after the virus has reached it's peak and there is then not enough time to finish the season.

It's going to be abandonded

Wolf

Visit site
Wolf I normally agree but only a total wipe out of the season for me

Not because it suits me but it's only fair way

How can you relegate anyone who's not mathamatically down

How can you promote anyone who could be caught by 3rd place and such

So now the season suspends

Those games need playing

We restart April 4th say west ham fixtures are suddenly the "easier" ones and we suddenly have less players injured

So we put s run in where as we could be on a 4 game losing streak by then

Just wipe the season out
That's what I'm saying with that kast post the only 2 logical options are declare as it is. Or totally void the whole season, either way there's gonna be plenty of pissed off people..

I'm happy with a total reset as and Arsenal fan, it's not likely to make Liverpool fans or other lower league promotion favourites happy. There is no solution that will please people with this, it does need a bit of strength in deciding though.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site

League so far isn't fair because they've played different teams. Watford haven't played Norwich at home yet, which they would argue is a strong chance of 3 points, plus as I mentioned some teams might have harder games coming up - not to mention the six-pointers between the sides. There is no way it's fair to just end it half-finished, you would have lawsuits left right and centre from teams for loss of earnings etc. I think cancelling it altogether and restarting would be fairer than that. Neither is a great solution though, granted. They will obviously try and resume playing matches as soon as they can in the short term, and teams will play two or three times a week to catch up, possibly extending into the summer.

Wolf

Visit site
League so far isn't fair because they've played different teams. Watford haven't played Norwich at home yet, which they would argue is a strong chance of 3 points, plus as I mentioned some teams might have harder games coming up - not to mention the six-pointers between the sides. There is no way it's fair to just end it half-finished, you would have lawsuits left right and centre from teams for loss of earnings etc. I think cancelling it altogether and restarting would be fairer than that. Neither is a great solution though, granted. They will obviously try and resume playing matches as soon as they can in the short term, and teams will play two or three times a week to catch up, possibly extending into the summer.
As i said its merely option 1 or 2. Either way there will likely be law suits.

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I can see the the Euros being postponed to 2021, with the European domestic leagues restarting in May assuming all is under control by then.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
No we will win the league ,but we won’t forget how poor Arsenal are.;)
Even if we have to wait until summer.
We can have a PL winning Barbecue in the sun.