Premier League 2019-2020 we’re off

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
??? Pathetic.

It was a mistimed lunge from Rafinha, was nowhere near the ball and impeded Mane from a clean strike, far from a accidental coming together. A nailed on free kick. Those fouls are given every week, apart from today.

Your bias has no limits, you must live in a very red world looking through those specs all of the time Stu.

So you know better than a fully qualified official that studied the footage on a TV monitor? Or I suppose he’s being dishonest?

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Your bias has no limits, you must live in a very red world looking through those specs all of the time Stu.

So you know better than a fully qualified official that studied the footage on a TV monitor? Or I suppose he’s being dishonest?

The match day officials (VAR) ruled it a foul and simply wanted his opinion for inside or outside box. He didn’t see the angles that showed it as an obvious foul. The ref made a mistake in his interpretation of their request.

Are you really suggesting that a defender that slides in for a tackle makes accidental contact?

As to your final line. Can we use that every time you accuse Mane of diving when the ref gives. Pen.....

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
The match day officials (VAR) ruled it a foul and simply wanted his opinion for inside or outside box. He didn’t see the angles that showed it as an obvious foul. The ref made a mistake in his interpretation of their request.

Are you really suggesting that a defender that slides in for a tackle makes accidental contact?

As to your final line. Can we use that every time you accuse Mane of diving when the ref gives. Pen.....

Ref didn’t give it after studying slow motion and frame by frame footage. He saw no wrong doing and I agree with him.

A player sliding in to win the ball can accidentally clip the player sure. Here was 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Mane pulled his leg back to shoot and caught the man behind.

If you have your own opinion and conspiracy theory that’s fine by me.

D

Deleted member 1740

?????? You're deluded.

I've seen great sliding tackles when the ball has been won penalised and yellow cards given in the PL over the last 20yrs

Tonight, Rafinha made a sliding tackle from behind-Fact-, never won the ball -fact-, impeded Mane from having a clear strike at the ball.-fact-. No bias that's what I seen with my own eyes.

Going by that refs performance tonight yes I am a better ref than him!! Even Homer our resident qualified ref wouldve done a better job than him tonight.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Definitely no foul on Mane. The shot is away and then he does his thing of “making the most” of what little contact there is to try to win a penalty. Not sure why he wasn’t sent off for a second yellow which could’ve changed the end result.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
If I've ever seen a reffing performance by someone who doesnt "know the game", it was last night.

Okay, I understand if we cant have a European or South American ref, but who not a CONCACAF ref, Egyptian, Chinese, Japanese ref, or someone who has at least reffed regularly in front of large crowds. He was shocking.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
If I've ever seen a reffing performance by someone who doesnt "know the game", it was last night.

Okay, I understand if we cant have a European or South American ref, but who not a CONCACAF ref, Egyptian, Chinese, Japanese ref, or someone who has at least reffed regularly in front of large crowds. He was shocking.
you lot really do have it bad when it comes to referee selection.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Is De Gea the new Joe Hart? He has gone from being one of the best in the world to becoming a problem.
Im not sure so sure.

De Gea defo reached higher heights than Hart and I don’t recall him being as error prone this season as last. Still probably in the top 3 keepers in the league, just not the clear No.1 he was.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Im not sure so sure.

De Gea defo reached higher heights than Hart and I don’t recall him being as error prone this season as last. Still probably in the top 3 keepers in the league, just not the clear No.1 he was.
It is the decline that is similar, and worrying. For a good few years I would have had De Gea as the best keeper in the league. Last season he made some really poor errors, today was Sunday morning pub stuff.

I can't agree with how you rank him now, I don't think he is anywhere near top 3.

D

Deleted member 1740

Is De Gea the new Joe Hart? He has gone from being one of the best in the world to becoming a problem.

No DDG is just making odd mistakes, costly ones too. Players arent machines, they do have a dip in form.

Joe Hart has never been nowhere near the standard DDG has been at.

D

Deleted member 1740

It is the decline that is similar, and worrying. For a good few years I would have had De Gea as the best keeper in the league. Last season he made some really poor errors, today was Sunday morning pub stuff.

I can't agree with how you rank him now, I don't think he is anywhere near top 3.

Name 3 better than DDG?

I can only think of Becker and Ederson

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site

Who would you have 3-5th?

Think top 2 are clear, but even last year I think DDG save ratio was better than the rest. Remember he does face more shots than most ??

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
No DDG is just making odd mistakes, costly ones too. Players arent machines, they do have a dip in form.

Joe Hart has never been nowhere near the standard DDG has been at.
Just to be clear, De Gea has been way better than Hart. My comparison was meant to relate to a quick decline, not comparative skills..

His errors are big ones now, that is the worry. Errors he didn't make before. The question is whether this is just a dip or whether it becomes more than that.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
De Gea a top 3 keeper. ?He is behind ederson and man with girls name. So top three, there's a discussion for the next day or so.
That aside I don't know what's more shocking, the score line or Pogbas hair. It's deffo up there with Mendys headscarf.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
United are playing like total strangers, it's weird.
Their first touch is just awful, it's like a team of Danny Welbecks!

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Based on current form, not old De Gea, I would put the obvious 1 and 2. I'd have the following ahead of him too:

Leno, Arsenal
Schmeichel, Leicester
Kepa, Chelsea

That is 5 keepers ahead of him right now, imo. Go back 12 months, and the previous 3-4 years and I would have had him number 1 every year.

Edit, I'll throw in the Wolves keeper too.