Premier League 2019-2020 we’re off

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Wolf

Visit site
Yes, I would go with Arteta. Anyone not on board, bin them off. However famous, popular, wages what ever. The future is with the coaches vision. If you don't fit, get out. Clear the way for those who do fit the dream. Then we will see how far it goes. Half hearted never won zip. Buy in 100% and see where it goes.
Absolutely Murph, we need to allow Arteta the freedom to root the poor attitudes out of the squad. Whether thats Ozil, Auba or any other player. Its now got to be fully about the managers vision and implementing that, if player's don't like it cash in and move on. I wasn't enamoured at the idea of Arteta at first but more i think about it, the fact he's young and has a good idea of what he wants im quite excited about it. Now we need to let him do what he wants as manager and support that

4LEX

Visit site
Ozil. When he plays well, awsome. What a player. Bizarrely, even if playing badly, has the hump when subbed. He must care, but doesn't show it on the pitch, to any great extent.

But, on any given week, a bit meh. Not sure how any coach gets the best Ozil. It's a shame, as he is brilliant when fired up.

But, 18m a year. 18m. It is a boat load of cash. If you subsidised his wages elsewhere by 13m, you would still save 5m. Got to be done. Just has to.

Artet needs to be brutal. Very.

Ozil is a joke. He's more an activist than a footballer. And Arsenal are mugs for footing the bill. He is finished and has been for 2 years. Yet got rewarded with a new deal as a farewell gift from Wenger :ROFLMAO: He was good when he was up and coming, got his move to Real and was brilliant under Mourinho who kept him motivated. Wenger and Ozil was the worst possible combo.

Really poor appointment from Arsenal on Arteta. No experience, nothing about himself just a Pep yes man. Even Everton didn't want him and he was there for 8 years. He's nothing more than a coach who will tow the owners line.

4LEX

Visit site
United have no midfield.
Pogba's been out since September and only turns up when he's in the mood.
Apart from him we have kids or snails.
Woodward is in charge of transfers and seems to only have the ability to work on one deal at a time.
He'll then try and chip a few £million off which just prolongs the process for a few more weeks.
Ole doesn't stand a chance in the short term and probably won't be given a chance long term.

Pogba is a luxury player and should be bombed while he's worth the same value as you paid for him. Loads of talent but a dogshit attitude. Not fit to clean Scholes boots as a midfielder.

Woodward failed Moyes, failed LVG and Mourinho. Mourinho won two trophies and then finished 2nd and wasn't afforded backing in the transfer market. Man Utd finished above Liverpool 18 months ago believe it or not. Klopp was backed big time, Jose got a Derby reject and Fred :ROFLMAO: No wonder it went tits up. Ole was the wrong man and has done nothing. Yeah he won a few big games recently but a broken clock is right twice a day. He plays old skool counter attack football that is dated and basic. He has a worse record over 38 league games than Mourinho did and that includes Mourinho's demise and Ole's brilliant start. He's a medicore manager and will cost United but he's unsackable. He was Woodward's rash appointment and any sacking would damage Woodward even more.

Talk of the Man Utd way and signing young players are just a smokescreen to hide both Woodward's and Ole's incompetence.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
If Arteta wasnt aware of how big a job hes got ahead of him todays team sheet might give him an idea!!!!

A keeper who is greatly improved and who we may struggle to keep hold of, no recognised full backs, 2 young midfielders playing out of position. 2 centre halves both whose best performances have recent years have come in midfield and dont have an ounce of pace between them. 2 central midfielders who want to leave (one who will be gratefully driven wherever he wants to go!), 3 promising youngsters and a top class striker whos in the window hoping for the big move away in january.

In other news Everton paying Ancelotti 11.5m a year on all accounts

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
If Arteta wasnt aware of how big a job hes got ahead of him todays team sheet might give him an idea!!!!

A keeper who is greatly improved and who we may struggle to keep hold of, no recognised full backs, 2 young midfielders playing out of position. 2 centre halves both whose best performances have recent years have come in midfield and dont have an ounce of pace between them. 2 central midfielders who want to leave (one who will be gratefully driven wherever he wants to go!), 3 promising youngsters and a top class striker whos in the window hoping for the big move away in january.

In other news Everton paying Ancelotti 11.5m a year on all accounts

What’s your thoughts on team selection?
Would you have done different ?
To be honest I doubt if an Arsenal supporter would have picked that team.
It tells me he’s trying to make a statement it’s my way or the highway to the big players.
Young players will always work hard and he needs that today

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
It tells me he’s trying to make a statement it’s my way or the highway to the big players.

Think this is more Freddies last team than Artetas first, no surprise he picked a lot of "his" youth team :)

If it was me Id have played Aubameyang Pepe and Lacazette up top and told them to have a go, were going to concede goals might as well try to fight fire with fire

Hard to know what you pick at the back, were not filled with options when all are fit, even worse when you have Tierney, Kolasinac, Bellerin, Holding, Sokratis unavailable

Wolf

Visit site
That's Freddie last team as Arteta doesn't take over until tomorrow. But Arteta will get to see how thin we are.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
So looks like it’s Ancelotti to Everton and Arteta to Arsenal - it really does seem that the fit would be the other way around

Ancelotti is a superb manager but I don’t see the fit with Everton

Well after 30+ minutes of this, I'd say Arteta's got a bigger job on his hands than Ancelotti, I think Carlos has got it right imo.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Arsenal are in trouble now, Dunc has taken his jacket off ?

Why do footballers find it so incredibly hard to put in a decent cross for a corner? Awful quality so far.

paddyc

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Sounds like its another vintage Arsenal performance, not watching. Doing the housework ready for crimbo probably a better use of my time?!