Premier League 2019-2020 we’re off

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
During the credits, ?
Got so bored watching it i went out for a run.

Be hard for Arteta watching that to take anything from it other than realisation of how drastic a job he has with us

Given that he watched us play city, albeit from the other dug out, I think he knows anyway.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Given that he watched us play city, albeit from the other dug out, I think he knows anyway.

I didn't see it, not quite what we hoped for but will take a point away with no goals conceded today. Now Arteta can get involved and start driving the wasters, whether that's be forwards or out of the club I don't mind, just want to see more positives in the matches going foraward.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Sat through the Everton v Arsenal game. That was a tough watch for a neutral and both new managers have some big issues to sort. From Everton, why was Tom Davies on the pitch. Total rubbish. I thought the Arsenal youngsters tried hard but there is still a lack of cohesion and still far too open in midfield and the back which a better team would have exposed and which needs the senior players to step up and help them on the pitch. If Arteta can really get the youngsters to work (like Wenger did with his young players for a lot of his career) then there are some promising players.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Sat through the Everton v Arsenal game. That was a tough watch for a neutral and both new managers have some big issues to sort. From Everton, why was Tom Davies on the pitch. Total rubbish. I thought the Arsenal youngsters tried hard but there is still a lack of cohesion and still far too open in midfield and the back which a better team would have exposed and which needs the senior players to step up and help them on the pitch. If Arteta can really get the youngsters to work (like Wenger did with his young players for a lot of his career) then there are some promising players.
Don't be too hard on Davies, he was played out of position today and it showed. He is a busy central midfielder, not a player out wide. He is a good player, today was not his day.

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
How's he not given a free-kick there? Was 100% a foul, the debate was penalty or free-kick for me, and it's mad that it wasn't given.

Good decision , no foul but no dive either.

Accidental coming together ref viewed it very carefully so that’s what he must have saw also.

Manes leg travels backwards as it would be because he is just about to pull the trigger.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
How's he not given a free-kick there? Was 100% a foul, the debate was penalty or free-kick for me, and it's mad that it wasn't given.
I think it’s simply because the only angle he’s Been shown doesn’t clearly show the foul. He was only meant to be clarifying in or out.

D

Deleted member 1740

Accidental coming together ref viewed it very carefully so that’s what he must have saw also.

Manes leg travels backwards as it would be because he is just about to pull the trigger.

??? Pathetic.

It was a mistimed lunge from Rafinha, was nowhere near the ball and impeded Mane from a clean strike, far from a accidental coming together. A nailed on free kick. Those fouls are given every week, apart from today.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Nice of you to say it wasn’t a dive.
But a coming together? From behind didn’t get the ball.
He only viewed one angle to determine in or out the box.
So it’s a foul and a red card.