Premier League 2019-2020 we’re off

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Based on current form, not old De Gea, I would put the obvious 1 and 2. I'd have the following ahead of him too:

Leno, Arsenal
Schmeichel, Leicester
Kepa, Chelsea

That is 5 keepers ahead of him right now, imo. Go back 12 months, and the previous 3-4 years and I would have had him number 1 every year.

Edit, I'll throw in the Wolves keeper too.

I really don’t rate Leno, not sure why.

Think Schmeicel is decent.
This season I think Kepa has had a few moments.

I think the biggest issue with DDG is that he was SO go that now he appears worse than he actually is. A bit like the David James effect. He was no better at Pompey than he was at Liverpool. Just expectations meant he went from being viewed as a calamity to a world beater.

I would concede though that a case can now be made for many keepers to at least rival him where as he was untouchable for years.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Based on current form, not old De Gea, I would put the obvious 1 and 2. I'd have the following ahead of him too:

Leno, Arsenal
Schmeichel, Leicester
Kepa, Chelsea

That is 5 keepers ahead of him right now, imo. Go back 12 months, and the previous 3-4 years and I would have had him number 1 every year.

Edit, I'll throw in the Wolves keeper too.

Forgot mini peter

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Clear penalty given by VAR for Chelsea, correctly overturning the refs decision. Why, therefore did Leicester not get one last night when Ederson took out Harvey Barnes?

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Clear penalty given by VAR for Chelsea, correctly overturning the refs decision. Why, therefore did Leicester not get one last night when Ederson took out Harvey Barnes?

Is that the one where Barnes had a clear chance and hit the corner flag yet Barnes and ederson came together and now it's a penalty. That's probably why it was not a penalty.

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Is that the one where Barnes had a clear chance and hit the corner flag yet Barnes and ederson came together and now it's a penalty. That's probably why it was not a penalty.
That doesn’t prevent it being a penalty as the goalkeeper missed the ball and wiped out the player, same as happened today.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Those that are saying that’s not a red or is too harsh, it’s the intent, you can throw a punch and not land it, it’s still the intent, and Son, the so-called nice man, has always had a streak in him, but now if VAR is used correctly, you can’t hide from those snide kick outs.

Jensen

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Those that are saying that’s not a red or is too harsh, it’s the intent, you can throw a punch and not land it, it’s still the intent, and Son, the so-called nice man, has always had a streak in him, but now if VAR is used correctly, you can’t hide from those snide kick outs.

Behave, the way Son fell it was a natural reaction for his legs to kick out, pause then kick out again ???