Preferred Pies

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Maybe I missed ‘em but no one has mentioned corned beef and tattie pie or mince and onion. If it’s corned beef & tattie pie it’s with chips & beans. If it’s mince & onion, it might be mash or chips but it has to have gravy over it.

For a grab and run pie, it has to be a Upex pie from a little bakery in Great Ayton, near Middlesbrough.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
One of the best pies I have ever eaten was a rabbit one, many year ago, in an old fashioned Tunbridge Wells café.
Absolutely gorgeous, nice chunks of bunny, with bits of potato, carrot, onions and peas in a really tasty gravy. Served up with boiled potatoes and cabbage, it were a reet treat....😋😋😋😋

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Maybe I missed ‘em but no one has mentioned corned beef and tattie pie or mince and onion. If it’s corned beef & tattie pie it’s with chips & beans. If it’s mince & onion, it might be mash or chips but it has to have gravy over it.

For a grab and run pie, it has to be a Upex pie from a little bakery in Great Ayton, near Middlesbrough.
Upex pies were a part of my youth going to Boro matches with my Dad.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
One of the best pies I have ever eaten was a rabbit one, many year ago, in an old fashioned Tunbridge Wells café.
Absolutely gorgeous, nice chunks of bunny, with bits of potato, carrot, onions and peas in a really tasty gravy. Served up with boiled potatoes and cabbage, it were a reet treat....😋😋😋😋
Loved rabbit back in the day, but me mum insisted on serving it with the bones 😖

anyway am back and had a fantastic time suffice to say tonight will not be pie but Quiche, scotch egg, cheese, Italian bread and salami followed by a massive custard king cake. #fatTash 😁

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Just come back from Kefalonia and had rabbit one night. Served up on it's little bones with little ribs to suck the meat off.
Lovely.
A few years back we ended up in Ischia, a small island in the bay of Naples. Their local delicacy was rabbit. Apparently they breed them especially for cooking. The Italians who took us were in there element.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Back in the mid 80s to mid 90s when I worked for BAe in north Bristol the pub for work celebration and leaving do lunches was The Swan in Tockington. They did a pie called a Dragon Pie, a flaky pastry steak pie with whole chillies. It was absolutely the business. But/and (according to preference) it was hot.

ETA…just checked their menu…they do pies…but no Dragon Pie. Mistake.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
My old local pub has the Disney pie with Bambi, thumper and Donald in it. That duck, venison and rabbit pie was special