Preferred Pies

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Heaven is Hollands meat and potato but they are a rare find in the NE. (It's been so many years since I've had one that the quality may have lapsed. I hope not)

Next up is steak and kidney but it has to be the real deal, not cheapo filling.

A proper pie is a fine thing but sadly too many are not up to the task.

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
Mash on top though, what about the traditional Fish pie? Done well with decent fish, its a thing of beauty! But technically is it a pie?

I think for me, it has to be a steak and ale/Guinness type pie, with enough gravy in it to moisten the mash. A pastry pie must be served with mash right?? Or are you neanderthals having them with chips and beans....

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Now working where I do, a Melton Pork pie but no top, blue cheese on top instead, a wonderful lunchtime delight.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
I think for me, it has to be a steak and ale/Guinness type pie, with enough gravy in it to moisten the mash. A pastry pie must be served with mash right?? Or are you neanderthals having them with chips and beans....

Don't get me wrong, pie and mash is the ultimate but sometimes I need that chips and beans thing to satisfy the urge ?

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Mash on top though, what about the traditional Fish pie? Done well with decent fish, its a thing of beauty! But technically is it a pie?

who you calling a neanderthal Scooter? ;)