Preferred lies in may

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
.......... and my course is showing the problem that no rain and cold weather brings, not to mention the leatherjackets!

My place is the same. We've had 5ml of rain in April. All of it on Monday evening.

The cold weather and frost we've had, has meant the grass just isn't growing.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
We ditched preferred lies few weeks ago. Fairways are as good as I can remember, good covering of grass, but nice and tight. Typical heathland fairways which may have recovered better than parkland ones over the last couple of months ? Different type of grass ? Just lovely for punching a nice iron off, but quite tight for the three wood.:eek:

Carpfather1

Head Pro
Visit site
Our place has been in top condition to be fair,Been blown away by the condition of it lately but it is a links course mind and as a result is starting to brown up in places which is early in the year to be doing so .

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
We usually have PL up until the the findley cup which was last weekend, this year we didn't have it at all.
not sure why that was though

Flash

Visit site
Leatherjacket lava now invading the greens and the crows digging holes to find the live ones. As if putting wasn't difficult enough in the dry conditions. Looks like the usual bank holiday weather will solve at least one decision.

Canary Kid

Assistant Pro
Visit site
My course has just extended preferred lies. Played another local course last Friday and the fairways were in fabulous condition, but the tee boxes and greens were very poor.

Britishshooting

Club Champion
Visit site
Same for us, must admit I never found myself improving my lie from the fairway so they aren’t exactly patchy or bad just not getting that same growth or as lush as usual.

Vast difference from this year to last including the budding of trees etc.