Practicing with headphones

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
There was a guy who was DQd at my old club having played an entire competition round with headphones on. The two juniors he was out with thought he was just deaf and they were hearing aids. He didn't do himself any favours afterwards by saying he was doing it to avoid listening to them. #digyourselfadeeperholemate

shortgame

Tour Rookie
Visit site
There was a guy who was DQd at my old club having played an entire competition round with headphones on. The two juniors he was out with thought he was just deaf and they were hearing aids. He didn't do himself any favours afterwards by saying he was doing it to avoid listening to them. #digyourselfadeeperholemate

Ha! I've put a little cotton wool in mine before now and said I had an infection, to avoid having to talk to a particularly annoying knob I was paired with.

It works!

shortgame

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Depends on what the music is for, Rule 4.3 a (4)

Audio and Video.
  • Allowed.
    • Listening to audio or watching video on matters unrelated to the competition being played (such as a news report or background music).
    • But in doing so, consideration should be shown to others (see Rule 1.2).
  • Not Allowed.
    • Listening to music or other audio to eliminate distractions or to help with swing tempo, or
    • Viewing video showing play of the player or other players during the competition that helps the player in choosing a club, making a stroke, or deciding how to play during the round.
Then goes on to say a committee can introduce a local rule prohibiting audio and video equipment.
Thanks - that's good to know 👍👍
I hear it's getting more common in the US to have music playing in the buggies but I quite fancy playing the odd round listening to some mellow music.