Power Play & Turnberry

slugger

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Anyone here played any power play golf?

Playing at Kinross in the comp on Friday and quite looking forward to it. Shame it's only over 9 holes though.

Also, playing The Kintyre Course at Turnberry on Sunday - here's hoping for light wind and blue sky!!!

What should I expect from that course? difficult, ok for a mid handicapper?

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Anyone here played any power play golf?

Playing at Kinross in the comp on Friday and quite looking forward to it. Shame it's only over 9 holes though.

Also, playing The Kintyre Course at Turnberry on Sunday - here's hoping for light wind and blue sky!!!

What should I expect from that course? difficult, ok for a mid handicapper?

Kintyre is absolutely fine for a mid handicapper, usual difficult and easy holes, pretty flat etc etc its a fun track

AyrHead

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Re: Power Play & Turnberry

Have got two mates who are members so get to play quite a few games down there. My opinion is that the Kintyre is the harder of the 2 courses - you need air miles especially on the back 9. All depends on the weather - nice conditions, plenty of run on the ball, you'll wonder what the fuss is all about, if the winds up both courses can crucify you.
Hope you get a decent day weather wise.

mgp_08

Visit site
Played the Kintyre two weeks ago. Really fun course and in great condition but as AyrHead says if the weather turns its hard work!

Played the first 7 holes in brilliant warm sunshine...15 points. Then the wind and rain came for the next 7 holes...2 points!! The sun came out again and the wind dropped for the final 4 holes...2 birdies, 2 pars, 13 points!

Barring the par3 16th the closing holes from 14 onwards are all fairly long (4/5 irons into greens), but with the setting and the course running parallel to the Kintyre I tended not to notice the length too much!

Crawfy

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Cracking course, deff thought the outward 9 were easier ( prob as they were not played into the teeth of the wind)

If that wind gets up, get over the top of teh ball and nail it low

Loved the challenge of long irons into greens - especially the 18th green

I'm not convinced by the hole that drops down blindly to the sea. Loved the setting of teh green, just not a fan of blind shots.

You'll have a great day doon there...