PowaKaddy or Motocaddy

Jamie23

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Looking to buy my first electric trolley and was just looking for a few opinions from current owners

The model I am looking at is the PowaKaddy FW5i, I have been offered a very good deal on it which also includes the free bag with the current promotion

Firstly would anyone choose one brand over the other and also how reliable are electric trolleys? Has anyone had any major issues?

anotherdouble

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm in the motocaddy camp. No real issues with my S3 pro in 6 years. But being honest I haven't owned any other. I expect you will get replies from all of the other camps pertaining to be the best and if they haven't had a problem who can argue. Go with what does the job for you, what you can afford and what you like the look of.

chasf

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I have both a power caddy and a motocaddy and they are both great. I just got the power caddy c2 and its just as good as my motocaddy. What I like about the power caddy is the plug and play play battery and I find it much easier to clean than my motocaddy. I use my power caddy in the winter and my remote s7 motocaddy for the summer. So you can't go wrong with the power caddy. Motocaddy are also doing the free bag promotion as well

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
I have a Motocaddy S1, had it for nearly seven years. No major issues with it at all, a couple of minor problems due to wear and tear, and damage. Can’t really fault it, but when it comes to replacing it, I’m going for the Powakaddy C2. I like the way it folds down smaller and getting three lots of golf gear in the car, any additional space is a bonus.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
I've not had a P'caddy but have had 2x Motocaddys. The first one lasted 6 years and loads of golf. I literally ran it into the ground. I could have probably bought bits to repair it as the motor was still going strong but HID bought me a M1 for my birthday when they first came out. I've had it for 3 years without any problems.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I’m very much a buy right buy once kinda guy.. spend that bit more and you will only have to buy once. I bought the m1 back in 2013. 36 hole lithium battery aswell as we play a 27 hole event once a year so I wanted the option

Still going strong.

Jamie23

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I had sort of made my mind up on the FWI5 but after seeing a couple of people mentioning the C2 and having a look at the reviews I am thinking that may be a good option

Looks like the exact same features but in a smaller package which would be ideal for the car.

Looks like it may be a bit more expensive. I have been offered an excellent deal on the FWI5 for £425 with the lithium battery but not sure if the C2 would be worth the extra.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Looking to buy my first electric trolley and was just looking for a few opinions from current owners

The model I am looking at is the PowaKaddy FW5i, I have been offered a very good deal on it which also includes the free bag with the current promotion

Firstly would anyone choose one brand over the other and also how reliable are electric trolleys? Has anyone had any major issues?

Do you know Motocaddy are doing the same free bag promotion?

http://www.motocaddy.com/uk

Never had either so can't comment on one versus the other but given the amount going for Motocaddy thought you might like to know about the deal if you didn't already.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I've had a Motocaddy S3 pro for the last 4or 5 years and have been happy with it on the whole, though the tour bag i use does move about due to the weight. which probably caused the axle to break. while is was off for repair i was loaned a new powercaddy, which was far more stable and smaller. though i am happy with the MC, my next one will be a PC

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 15344

Motocaddy every single time

For years Powercaddy were the reliable make and they produced solids trolleys but about 5 years ran into trouble and Motocaddy then became what appeared to be the leading trolleys.

I have had Mine for 5 years - had the odd bits of work done but still going strong - the Powercaddys just look and feel flimsy and ready to fall apart.

Will always recommend Motocaddy - the S1 is just superb simplicity - S3 has the extra gadgets and S7 the remote one - if you want one that folds down smaller then the M series is spot on.

HughJars

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I worked in golf retail for a couple of years, we sold about one of each every week.

We had a slew of Powakaddy returns and repairs to deal with. We had *one* Motocaddy issue which was an issue out the gate as a wire was loose upon delivery and fixed in two days.

Motocaddy all day long. And get a Lithium, in the long run it's cheaper, and absolutely it's better.

Bigfoot

Tour Rookie
Visit site
My Motocaddy M1 takes a lot of use - more than 175 rounds so far this year and with a 36 hole lithium battery has been excellent for 3 years (I think). I have had one problem and that was the charger rather than the trolley. I called Motocaddy and they had then new charger delivered to my home FOC within 48 hours with no quibble.

I had Powakaddy trollies before but this has been much more reliable.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I should add that I had 1 issue with my Trolley in 4 years

The motor went.. but it was because I used it to pull me up a hill when i was tired so massive user error alert

Replaced the motor no issue

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
im currently eyeing up my first electric trolly.

the powkaddy ones are much easier on the eye than motocaddy. motocaddy are really dull and uninspiring.

the reliability does worry me but there are plenty of good and bad stories about both brands.

compact and fw5 are currently the ones im leaning towards.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Had issues with my Motocaddy and have heard bad things about Powakaddy customer service so I'm firmly in the Go-Kart camp. Relatively cheap, no frills but does the job perfectly well and their customer service is superb

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Had issues with my Motocaddy and have heard bad things about Powakaddy customer service so I'm firmly in the Go-Kart camp. Relatively cheap, no frills but does the job perfectly well and their customer service is superb

And the added bonus of supporting a company that supports our H4H day. :thup:

HughJars

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
im currently eyeing up my first electric trolly.

the powkaddy ones are much easier on the eye than motocaddy. motocaddy are really dull and uninspiring.

the reliability does worry me but there are plenty of good and bad stories about both brands.

compact and fw5 are currently the ones im leaning towards.
Bad stories about Motocaddy? Where?