Powakaddy FW5 battery replacement

jakeday

Visit site
Hey all,

Hoping that someone can help me to understand what should be relatively simple, but has me totally confused!

I have a powakaddy FW5 electric trolley with a lead acid battery. I'm looking to change the battery as it only goes around 15 holes now. I've searched and found a couple of videos that show i can take out the LA battery from the plug and play casing and replace it (with another LA battery).... however, i've also read that i can replace with a lithium battery. However, I don't know whether i can simply buy a lithium battery, put in inside the plug and play case and wire it up and all is good - or whether i need to ditch the external plug and play case and buy an adapter.

I thought this would be simple to research but after several hours i'm still none the wiser. Lithium batteries are compatible - but don't know whether i can simply rig these up inside the PnP casing on the FW5.... anyone been through this either way??

thanks kindly

Jake

Pants

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Don't know about the connections but suspect that you might need a new charger for the lithium battery.