Replacement putter shaft advice (internal tip sizes)

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Hi all,

When I first started back playing my first flat stick was a montecarlo 7 from TM , it was the cheap case version that AG used to sell.

Through a friend I’ve just inherited the rossa AGSI head and need some advice on a shaft for it.

Unlike most the shaft will slide over the sleeve on the head rather than inside it like most common models. I’ve measure the sleeve roughly as the battery was flat in the digital gauge it looks to be around 0.32” but I will get a batter to check accurately, but the question is are all shaft internals the same inside diameter?

Quite fancy putting a kbs 120 in or even a stroke lab if I can find one.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
No. Not all shafts have the same ID it will be a factor of the OD.

A .370 tip parallel shaft will give the the ID you are looking for (based upon me measuring a R300 TTDG shaft).

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Cheers Jim,

The exact size is 0.3205” or
8.14mm
remember to allow for a small amount being sanded off when you prep for glueing.
Getting I/Ds for shafts is not an a exact science as you do not know what is inside the shaft when the vernier 'points' go in, and it can vary a little as you turn the shaft around.
Measuring a couple of others which are .370 od they are all around .32 ID.

I only have one S/H putter shaft and it weighs 120 grammes. If I was just going to go with a standard shaft I would look at the heavier ones and use tip trim down to about wedge length on a parallel shaft.