potential problem with the new 'flag in' rule !

D

Deleted member 23270

Stuff like 2 putts RACED over the hole but probably would have dropped and guys behind were tending the flag and lost 2 holes.

In my opinion a ball going that quick isn't going to drop and if a group loses 2 holes then there are bigger issues than tending the flag.

But that is just my opinion and as Jacko says, everyone is entitled to have one.

Wolf

Visit site
Stuff like 2 putts RACED over the hole but probably would have dropped and guys behind were tending the flag and lost 2 holes.

In my opinion a ball going that quick isn't going to drop and if a group loses 2 holes then there are bigger issues than tending the flag.

But that is just my opinion and as Jacko says, everyone is entitled to have one.

You clearly don't read posts fully before assuming people are lying or fabricating things for their own opinion allow me to give the full context of what I wrote about group that lost 2 holes incase you missed it...
Did see the group behind us though still tending the pin a lot and they ended up a good 2 holes behind us though by the end of the round, I'm not saying that was all down to tending the flag as surely there are other contributing factors but it certainly wouldn't have help their pace as could see on 1 hole all 3 of them tended the flag whilst one of the others putted.

Even put it in bold for you, as I clearly said I'm sure it wasn't all down to tending the flag as there would be other contributing factors.. I never said it was solely down to the flag being tended but I did say it surely can't have helped.

Perhaps next time you wish to say people are making things up you do so by actually reading things fully because quite clearly what I wrote and what you took from it are different and in fact you're agreeing with what I said that there are other factors involved...

D

Deleted member 23270

You clearly don't read posts fully before assuming people are lying or fabricating things for their own opinion allow me to give the full context of what I wrote about group that lost 2 holes incase you missed it...

Even put it in bold for you, as I clearly said I'm sure it wasn't all down to tending the flag as there would be other contributing factors.. I never said it was solely down to the flag being tended but I did say it surely can't have helped.

Perhaps next time you wish to say people are making things up you do so by actually reading things fully because quite clearly what I wrote and what you took from it are different and in fact you're agreeing with what I said that there are other factors involved...
If you don't think tending the flag was an issue then why mention it in this thread? It takes about 10 minutes to play a hole so I don't see how tending a flag can add 20 minutes to their round. I would presume the cause lay elsewhere.

Wolf

Visit site
If you don't think tending the flag was an issue then why mention it in this thread? It takes about 10 minutes to play a hole so I don't see how tending a flag can add 20 minutes to their round. I would presume the cause lay elsewhere.
Why mention anything in this thread then or bother having an opinion....

I didn't say it wasn't an issue either again misquoting me for your own benefit I said there are other factors but I don't think the tending helped.

Seems you want to call others out for their opinion and making things to suit their case but you are doing the same by dismissing everything others say as being made up as that will suit your argument.

I happy to disagree and have a difference of opinion, what I'm not happy with is being told things are made up or why should I post things.. If you don't like it fine but don't assume people are lying because you don't agree

D

Deleted member 23270

Why mention anything in this thread then or bother having an opinion....

I didn't say it wasn't an issue either again misquoting me for your own benefit I said there are other factors but I don't think the tending helped.

Seems you want to call others out for their opinion and making things to suit their case but you are doing the same by dismissing everything others say as being made up as that will suit your argument.

I happy to disagree and have a difference of opinion, what I'm not happy with is being told things are made up or why should I post things.. If you don't like it fine but don't assume people are lying because you don't agree
OK let's put it a different way. How much extra time do you think was added to this other groups round because they were tending the flag?

Wolf

Visit site
OK let's put it a different way. How much extra time do you think was added to this other groups round because they were tending the flag?
I wouldn't know I didn't have them on a stop watch as I was playing my own game, but does that mean I shouldn't speak of things unless I time them, even if over the course of a round it cost them say 10mins that's still a lost hole to the group in front them (our group) which is not acceptable as means they held up those behind.

But feel free to tell me there is no way that happened or took that much time, yet factor in 30secs roughly per hole each they did it on over 18 holes and that 10mins is easily accurate, as the hole they did it for every one of them would easily add at least 1 and half minutes. So average that out as a bit less per hole and its not far off..

But again that doesn't suit your argument so you will disagree and assume I'm making it up...

D

Deleted member 23270

I wouldn't know I didn't have them on a stop watch as I was playing my own game, but does that mean I shouldn't speak of things unless I time them, even if over the course of a round it cost them say 10mins that's still a lost hole to the group in front them (our group) which is not acceptable as means they held up those behind.

But feel free to tell me there is no way that happened or took that much time, yet factor in 30secs roughly per hole each they did it on over 18 holes and that 10mins is easily accurate, as the hole they did it for every one of them would easily add at least 1 and half minutes. So average that out as a bit less per hole and its not far off..

But again that doesn't suit your argument so you will disagree and assume I'm making it up...

I have been playing this game for a long time and in my experience typically only 1 or 2 people would ask for the flag to be tended on any given hole and during the course of the round it would only be tended on a handful of holes. So I disagree, tending the flag doesn't add as much time to the round as some people are trying to make out.

Wolf

Visit site
I have been playing this game for a long time and in my experience typically only 1 or 2 people would ask for the flag to be tended on any given hole and during the course of the round it would only be tended on a handful of holes. So I disagree, tending the flag doesn't add as much time to the round as some people are trying to make out.
Of course you're right because you've been playing a long time and everyone else is wrong.....

Enjoy your afternoon up on high won't you, I've better things to do than keep going round in circles someone that says everyone is entitled to an opinion but then doesn't accept others have a differing opinion...

D

Deleted Member 1156

Of course you're right because you've been playing a long time and everyone else is wrong.....

Enjoy your afternoon up on high won't you, I've better things to do than keep going round in circles someone that says everyone is entitled to an opinion but then doesn't accept others have a differing opinion...
I don't think he is saying you're wrong. I read it that people are exaggerating things which is different to being wrong.

Wolf

Visit site
I don't think he is saying you're wrong. I read it that people are exaggerating things which is different to being wrong.
I disagree D4S simply because he never said exaggerated he said made up in my book one is simply exaggerated truth the other is saying someone's lying..

In that basis I cannot agree not respect what he says in return regardless of how long he has played which imo has no bearing in opinion.

D

Deleted Member 1156

I disagree D4S simply because he never said exaggerated he said made up in my book one is simply exaggerated truth the other is saying someone's lying..

In that basis I cannot agree not respect what he says in return regardless of how long he has played which imo has no bearing in opinion.
Looking back at #440.....made up/exaggerated......read it how you want but it's all the same context to me.

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site

It won’t add much time no, but in light of the new rules and for ease. It’ll be irritating to be asked to tend, when it’d be pointless now. It might be someone’s wish, but one must question what the hell for and I would think this person is a prat.

D

Deleted member 21258

Loving the new pin rule, used it in a comp for 1st time, so much easier and no messing around, was able to putt earlier on a couple of putts.

One putt would have been 3-4ft past, but hit the pin dead on and it dropped. Thanks new rules!

D

Deleted member 15717

Played today in a comp. Flag in for long putts and out for shorter. I'd happily have it in all the time and a pp raced 2 putts over the hole that probably would have dropped if he'd kept the flag in. Also anyone who now asks to have the have the flag tended is just being awkward, flag in or out no reason to do anything else.

I agree. Played today and one player asked for it to be tended from miles away.
I made a point to leave the flag in for a large quantity of my putts, and it was brilliant.

Some people won’t change their ways, or even bother experimenting with the flag in. I was getting wound up 😂

robinthehood

Hacker
Visit site

I was there and both putts went straight over the middle , hit the back of the cup and stopped about a foot past.i think they would have dropped but we'll never know.