Postage costs

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I won a club on the bay at the weekend but failed to notice the postage....£12 standard delivery!!

I've won a few items recently including a bag @10 delivery, I sold a club the other day @8 delivery...

So am I being stung for £12 on this and do I have any ground for dispute.

It's the principle of being ripped for postage not the few quid extra but guess I shouldve seen it before bidding.

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Standard price for Parcelforce and a few others, always check the postage costs!

MyHermes is about half that price, generally when you sell something on ebay you select the delivery method and it informs the buyer about what service they are getting.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
The price was shown upfront, it's down to you to notice that. I think it is steep but the seller may claim it includes packaging costs, trip to the drop off point etc. They haven't hidden the costs so no complaints.

If I think the postage costs are high then I don't buy from that person. Some use a high postage charge to allow them to offer a low selling point, they offset one against the other. As a buyer you have to look past the selling price and view the whole cost.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
You need to look at the method of postage too.
If they're charging 12 quid and sending a wedge by MyHermes then they're ripping you off. By Parcelforce it's the going rate..

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
12 is about normal I think. I'm sure the last time I sold a club through Ebay it cost me about £11.75 on postage.

G

guest100718

if you havnt paid already then don't. easy really ....

D

Deleted member 21258

I recently sent a club via royal mail/parcel force(well the post office) and it was just under £12.00 iirc. This was a 7 wood.

Doesn't sound out of order and was declared as part of the contract you agreed to, so in my eyes suck it up and learn from it, if you are not happy.:ears:

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I emailed the fella yesterday, ironically I received his reply as I was in the post office sending the club I sold...I had to be sent by parcel force...fecking £12 ( I only charged the buyer £8) the seller of the club I bought refunded me £4, so it's all square I guess, every day is a school day.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
whenever I sell clubs I always use hermes personally... if someone asked me to send it parcel force id be happy to send it via them providing they pay the difference

normally I offer free delivery so if they pay the difference to use parcel force no skin off my nose

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It is worth remembering that myhermes has a length limit of 1200mm which is shorter than a wood. Whilst commercial sellers might be able to get it cheaper with Parcel Force private sellers will not and private sellers generally do not have access to companies like UPS or DPD

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Post office won't send anything over 90cm so Parcelforce is £11.75 usually
if you include the box then he is not conning you that's what it costs for the service.
I will not use Hermes nothing but trouble with them in the past.

Digger

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I won a club on the bay at the weekend but failed to notice the postage....£12 standard delivery!!

I've won a few items recently including a bag @10 delivery, I sold a club the other day @8 delivery...

So am I being stung for £12 on this and do I have any ground for dispute.

It's the principle of being ripped for postage not the few quid extra but guess I shouldve seen it before bidding.

Dispute what? Paying the price you agreed to pay?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
It is worth remembering that myhermes has a length limit of 1200mm which is shorter than a wood. Whilst commercial sellers might be able to get it cheaper with Parcel Force private sellers will not and private sellers generally do not have access to companies like UPS or DPD

120cm is 47 inches.....even allowing for a bit of cardboard at either end you can send drivers no problem unless it's a Cobra Long Tom.
Most drivers are less than 46 inches and most drivers are adjustable so you can take the head off.

ArnoldArmChewer

Tour Winner
Visit site
I posted a 5 wood with parcel force yesterday at £11.00 something, around the same price as UPS, I have had nothing but trouble using MyHerpes, they really are a sore that won't heal, sending or receiving their service I my experience has been completely sub-standard, almost as bad as using this ruddy I pad !!

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I posted a 5 wood with parcel force yesterday at £11.00 something, around the same price as UPS, I have had nothing but trouble using MyHerpes, they really are a sore that won't heal, sending or receiving their service I my experience has been completely sub-standard, almost as bad as using this ruddy I pad !!

I find hermes is only as good as your local driver / where you live

our local driver is brilliant and we have a driveway that is big enough to fit a car down side of house so he lowers them carefully over the fence when we are out.. only after trying our neighbours within 5 houses each way

where my Mrs used to live at home (only 3 miles away) they had no rear access and no helpful neighbours... so every parcel was 3 times attempted and then sent back.

my personal favourite to receive is DPD, 1 hour time slots, txt you lots of information.. and most of time I click "change date" and arrange it to go to a local halfords that is next to their depot... so they drop it there at like 10am so on my travels I pick it up.. I either drive past it on way home from work or to the range

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
The answer to many of the drop off problems is for them to deliver to a local hub, could be a corner shop, a supermarket etc, and then to collect from there. As long as there are lots of these hubs so that people do not have to travel miles to collect it will solve a lot of issues. It does happen now to an extent but I suspect many are not aware that they exist.