Post Office - Horizon scandal

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
It really makes you think "how do these people even sleep at night?".

They knew the system was garbage, they knew they covered it up and they knew they sent innocent people to jail to continue with the cover up. Even now, they know they are lying in court but get away with it because they say "I can't recall". They must be complete sociopaths to live life like that and not feel guilt or stress over it.
If they don't sleep at night, it won't be because they're thinking about how many hundreds of peoples lives they have ruined, but what will happen to them.
They had no concern or empathy with the victims, there is no way they will start now.
I really want the police to come down hard on these people once this enquiry as finished. I just fear that, as I have said before, they will just finish up with a slap on the wrist and pensioned off with a nice fat pension.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
I’m not sure how I could paraphrase today’s session. It’s the second time Jarnail Singh has appeared before the hearing, and once again his replies were, “I don’t recall, I wasn’t the decision maker, I wasn’t part of that case…”

He has been, repeatedly, shown evidence that he was part of specific cases and was involved in decision making. At one point it was even pointed out to him that he was the senior solicitor at the PO at that time. One of his responses was mind boggling, “I was like an articled clerk sitting behind a barrister,” and you can add something along the lines of I was acting as directed… just acting as directed is not a valid excuse from a solicitor IF those actions are questionable. That sort of thing could see them disbarred…

The vid below is for the full day’s hearing. If you’ve got the stomach for it, good luck. But if you want a very good flavour of it, watch the last 5-10mins of Jason Beer KC asking questions and the core participant’s solicitor asking a few question thereafter. Basically, the last 15mins of the vid. And then go and do something that will put a smile on your face…

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
"somebody" printed the attachment 9 minutes after the email was received. I would have liked the questioner to ask J. Singh who that was.

"I don't recall" or "I don't know" could have been followed up with "Does that make you totally irresponsible with regard to your own computer use at work?"
"Would this be grounds for dismissal due to lack of security and incompetence?"

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
A week or two ago one of the questioning counsel asked someone if they were a liar or just incompetent. They really could just keep repeating that question to each person but for the guy yesterday...........🙄

D-S

Visit site
It does make you wonder how you can prove that someone knew something.

Apparently, even though you can prove they received and opened the email, printed it out and saved it to their computer, the defence of I can't recall it or I didn't see it still holds up? How much proof d you need?

Angela v d B even denied knowing about an email she opened that started with 're my voicemail last night' - she didn't recall either message.