Possible New Membership

Sneds

Tour Rookie
Visit site
So as a new golfer who is playing about twice a week at the moment, I have been doing a bit of research into memberships and checking out how much I'm looking at to become a member of a club.

I came across one quite local to me in Hertfordshire (Mid Herts if anybody has had any experience with the course) who have extended their Junior section, all the way up to the age of 25. To cut a long story short, this basically means that I can get an annual membership for £160 with no entrance fee.

The club is a nice one, with a good reputation. It is one of the oldest private members clubs in Hertfordshire and the fairways and greens are really well kept. If I had to be a bit picky I would say it is quite a short course at 5805 yards (par 69) and might not represent much of a challenge once I improve. But I think this is probably offset by the affordability.

Greens fees for non members are £35/round and they don't allow non-members (apart from guests) to play at the weekend - which I like. One other bonus is that the pro at the course is Barney Puttick, who is one of the GM Top 25 coaches and according to my golfing friends is a short game god. Lol.

Basically just making this post to double check with you guys that everything seems ok for a members club and that I should jump on the bargain! Also is there anything else I need to know about the GC?

TWM

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
So what are you waiting for?
If the course is not challenging enough after you improve you can always find another.
I envy you having this choice.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
For £160, what is holding you back? This is only 4 1/2 weekend rounds. Go for it. You don't have to join for life, just do it for a couple of years, see how you get on.

Also, courses don't have to be long to be challenging.