Portstewart or The Island?

makaveli

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Hey guys,

I am organizing a golf trip and I have to make a choice between Portstewart and The Island: they both are top courses, but while the first one looked great during the Irish Open, the Island has an higher ranking!

Thank you for the suggestions I will receive
iMak

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Only played Portstewart and it was beautiful, especially the front 9. The back 9 is good, just not the same class as the front nine but very very enjoyable.

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
Portstewart all day long then you can play Royal Portush, The Island which i haven't played is close to Dublin so you pay the crazy prices for eating and drinking , I'm just back from Galway and Lahinch which was superb

D

Deleted member 17920

Portstewart all day long then you can play Royal Portush, The Island which i haven't played is close to Dublin so you pay the crazy prices for eating and drinking , I'm just back from Galway and Lahinch which was superb

Where did you play on the west coast Steve?

I am looking at Lahinch area for next year.

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
Where did you play on the west coast Steve?

I am looking at Lahinch area for next year.

Hi Glyn we played Lahinch and Connemara this year only got back yesterday as golf was cancelled both days due the hurricane ,last year we played Tralee ,Waterville Dooks and Dingle we stayed in Galway this year which was a fantastic place to stay as was Killarney last year.

Think next year could be Enniscrone,Carne, Sligo again and Portstewart again

D

Deleted member 17920

Hi Glyn we played Lahinch and Connemara this year only got back yesterday as golf was cancelled both days due the hurricane ,last year we played Tralee ,Waterville Dooks and Dingle we stayed in Galway this year which was a fantastic place to stay as was Killarney last year.

Think next year could be Enniscrone,Carne, Sligo again and Portstewart again
Cheers.

I am thinking

Waterville, Tralee, Ballybunion, Carne and Lahinch

All look above average.

D

Deleted Member 1156

I'm playing 5 links courses around Dublin next week including the Island so happy to report back my impressions when I get home iMak :thup: