Golf Courses/Tee Times at The Open 2023

MB200

Visit site
Hi all - am going up to Liverpool for The Open next year and very keen to try and get on a decent course with some mates on one of the days. Understandably the top courses in the area have very expensive tee times while The Open is on. Anyone got any suggestions on any hidden gems/affordable decent courses in the area? Budget probably about £100 for a very good course! Thanks in advance!

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Loads to go at. I've only played Wallasey, hillside and Southport and ainsdale. The first two are very very tough, and I did not enjoy them one bit

D

Deleted member 23270

Loads to go at. I've only played Wallasey, hillside and Southport and ainsdale. The first two are very very tough, and I did not enjoy them one bit
Good luck with those, midweek/weekend fees are £145/165, £199/230 and £175/190 this year respectively. Probably more next year.

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Hi all - am going up to Liverpool for The Open next year and very keen to try and get on a decent course with some mates on one of the days. Understandably the top courses in the area have very expensive tee times while The Open is on. Anyone got any suggestions on any hidden gems/affordable decent courses in the area? Budget probably about £100 for a very good course! Thanks in advance!
Where are you coming from and which day/s are you looking to play?