Please Critique my Swing (VIDEO)

Foxy Stoat

Hacker
Visit site
Hi Guys

Newbie so please be gentle

I'm about to have some lessons but before I do I thought it would be a good idea to post up a video and get some feedback on my swing.

I feel like I've made a bit of progress in recent weeks but my ball striking is still incredibly inconsistent. I step up to the ball not knowing if I'm going to catch it right, thin it, fat it, slice it, or miss it altogether :D

Any feedback on my video would be appreciated! Sorry the video isn't that clear, shooting into bright sun!

I also took some screenshots and did a "frame by frame"

Thanks guys!

[video=youtube;cck7KwhYLK8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cck7KwhYLK8[/video]

Untitled_2.jpg

the_coach

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
You're going to be getting some lessons, so doesn't overmuch make sense to point out the issues that can be seen are a problem, as your Pro will gradually work through them in order the best ways.
Plus as your new & just starting it's natural for you not yet to have a handle on a bunch of stuff.

General pointer a persons swing movements are governed by how the hands hold the handle (Pro will check & change if, & when necessary. Also how th set-up to ball posture wise is plus the bodies alignment to the ball/target line.

If your aim line for the shot is in line with the mat line, & clubface is square to this aim line that echoes where the mat lines are pointing, then you've done pretty good jog of lining your body up, then depends what the grip is like. given angle & light conditions which natural given you're in the range it's dark so impossible to tell, but as said Pro will give you good advice.

Another thing that governs the motion is posture as a newbie you've had a good go, it needs to be a little more dynamic, little sharper angles in places. But again Pro is going to be looking & changing a couple of things.

There are a few issues with motion & plane so delivery to impact here but again nothing really to be had explaining them as it's again something the Pro will be speaking too. Generally like the idea a golfer swings the club with a connected arm & body motion on an inclined plane.
The inclined plane a bit like a large hoop (sort of circle shaped) that you're standing inside, the ball on the bit of the hoop that is touching the ground, then this hoop goes up on an angle so top of hoop is up a couple feet over top of your shoulders approximately.
These are some of the things the Pro will be looking to change, again not really useful to you at this point to go into detail over them.

Good luck with the lessons it's the right way to go about learning the swing before to many bad habits get ingrained making it a ways harder to change stuff. Got to keep the lessons regular & spaced so you can practice the things your Pro wants before the next lesson.
Just make sure you ask questions to understand exactly what he is saying. If it's not getting shot on video so you can look to refresh you're memory, take a small note book & write stuff down. Everyone thinks there' ll remember but they don't not properly so what they then practice isn't quite right.

This vid not about how to swing, it just shows a good way of checking you're in a good dynamic posture at set-up.

[video=youtube_share;5Gr0Zp3dwCA]http://youtu.be/5Gr0Zp3dwCA[/video]

Last edited: