Playing without a glove...

D

Deleted member 3432

It's just nice to have a couple of minute's respite from the rain hammering off your hat. Trolleys usually have an umbrella holder these days so I don't see the harm. If it's very windy it's not worth it though. Last year we were out in gale force winds and when it rained I put the umbrella up, the wind just blew my whole trolley over, and actually damaged the brolly holder attachment slightly so that was annoying. That level of wind is pretty rare (since I'm not playing links golf on the coast here).

My umbrella must must be 25 years old, since I play a windy links it never gets used.

Very handy for hanging hats and towels off.

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
I love wearing two gloves, been known to wear MacWets even when dry.

At the par 3 I never wear a glove, on a full course I like it for the driver but it isn’t necessary.

Do whatever feels right, one, two or no glove.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I've never really understood the urge to use umbrellas. I've got rain gear. I can almost see using one if there was no wind.....but that is very rarely the case. 2 guys I play with just got their umbrellas destroyed from the weather.....and they are looking for new ones. Tradition I guess......

I am another that rarely use my umbrella, even when its not blowing a gale like today. Only time I'll use it is if it really empties out of the sky quickly and there isn't time to get the waterproof on. Easier and quicker to get that up and protecting me than getting soaked trying to get a jacket on from deep inside a bag. I may use an umbrella in a comp so I can put a dry towel underneath to keep the grips dry. Other than that it'll stay on the bag

rosie

Hacker
Visit site
I wear a left glove all the time. Even for putting - it feels odd otherwise.
I take long putts right handed and short putts left handed (the yips) but only wear the left glove
Resurrecting an old post, do you have two putters or a two face one? I’m at desperate measures now with right handed yips on short putts. Had a go with a child’s putter and was ok left handed.