Tag Heuer Connected

simsini

Visit site
Does anybody use a Tag Heuer Connected watch on the course? I've downloaded the app which is free to use on your phone without a watch, and it is probably the best I've used, particularly with the 3D graphics. Just wondering how anyone has got on with the watch as I might be looking to buy one.

JayB

Visit site
Sorry this won't be helpful as I've never used one but does it work on all the Tag Heuer Connected watches or limited to the Golf Addition?

carldudley

Visit site
I bought one last summer after using a Garmin Fenix 6 and wanted to get an actual Golf Watch. I was very disappointed and ended up sending it back.

The GPS was slow (both watch GPS and connected to the phone) and sometimes wouldn't update at all - i'd be walking down the fairway and the numbers just didnt move at all. I was playing Carnoustie and had to rely on the sprinkler markers to tell me distances.

I found the scoring was too simplistic, it was literally just your score, unless you had the app and then you could add putts, never found a way to add penalties during the round.

Post round i was having to spend 30mins-1hr updating where it didnt capture shots

And it would randomly skip between holes

Pro's

It looks very nice

I went back to Garmin in the end and bought the G60 and haven't regretted it one bit.

RichA

Visit site
One of my friends has one. The face popped off exposing the innards after a tee shot. Tag were a bit funny with him about it, saying it must have suffered a severe impact. I witnessed it - it happened playing a perfectly normal tee shot on a par 3.
It might be the only time it's happened in their history, but I can't unsee that expensive watch popping apart, cartoon style. I couldn't spend that much money on a tech item with a limited lifespan
The friend likes it though and can afford it.
If I had the spare cash to buy one, I'd get a new set of irons and buy a Garmin with what was left over.

Newnsy

Visit site
My Wife bought me one for my birthday, I sent it back as everyone above said its beautiful but its a Golf GPS watch and id prefer to spend £100 -£200 on a watch with Technology in it rather than £2k.
The Technology will change over time making a £2k watch redundant