Playing the Brabazon on Saturday.....

ademac

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
....and really looking forward to it!
Now all the snow has fffff'd off it finally feels like the season is about to start and a great way to start it playing the Brabazon!

I know the place gets mixed reviews on here but I cant wait for a bit of matchplay on a ryder cup venue!

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Now all the snow has fffff'd off it finally feels like the season is about to start and a great way to start it playing the Brabazon!

I know the place gets mixed reviews on here but I cant wait for a bit of matchplay on a ryder cup venue!

It has it's critics but the few times ive played it, it has always been in fabulous condition and the greens are some of the best I have putted on anywhere. You'll have a great time. Expect a big bar bill though, typical resort type prices !!

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site

its not the best at the minute mate. the Brabazon drains very poorly. i managed 9 yesterday and it was very wet.

the Brabazon is a great test of golf and is presented very well in the summer. however, in the winter its a very somber and underwhelming track. most of us chose the pga over the brab in the winter months

take it for what it is and have a good time.

cvieri32

Hacker
Visit site
Played the Brabazon 2 weeks ago. As the previous poster mentioned, it was very wet, however, it was still more than enjoyable including some great holes such as the iconic 10th and 18th. A round of 2 Guinness and 2 Stella was £22.50 in Sam's Club House afterwards. Great pro shop too! Enjoy!! :)

ademac

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
its not the best at the minute mate. the Brabazon drains very poorly. i managed 9 yesterday and it was very wet.

the Brabazon is a great test of golf and is presented very well in the summer. however, in the winter its a very somber and underwhelming track. most of us chose the pga over the brab in the winter months

take it for what it is and have a good time.

Heard this was the case and half expect it at winter prices to be fair.
I'm easily pleased and will enjoy it no matter what to be honest.
It will be nice to stand in the same spots as some legends and try and drive the 10th!!

ademac

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Played the Brabazon 2 weeks ago. As the previous poster mentioned, it was very wet, however, it was still more than enjoyable including some great holes such as the iconic 10th and 18th. A round of 2 Guinness and 2 Stella was £22.50 in Sam's Club House afterwards. Great pro shop too! Enjoy!! :)

About the same price as a round in Oxford then! Lol

Don Barzini

Assistant Pro
Visit site
OP out of interest how much are you paying for a round on the Brab? And did you book it direct or get some sort of deal through a third party?

ademac

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
OP out of interest how much are you paying for a round on the Brab? And did you book it direct or get some sort of deal through a third party?

£80 each and it was through one of the golf breaks companies, not sure which as my brother booked it.
However I also called them direct to add a mate to our 3ball and they are charging him £90 on the day.
Which I think is reasonable for a saturday.

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
£80 each and it was through one of the golf breaks companies, not sure which as my brother booked it.
However I also called them direct to add a mate to our 3ball and they are charging him £90 on the day.

blumin ek. knock me up in the summer and I'll sign you in. think its about £70/80 for members guest in the summer

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
Heard this was the case and half expect it at winter prices to be fair.
I'm easily pleased and will enjoy it no matter what to be honest.
It will be nice to stand in the same spots as some legends and try and drive the 10th!!

what people Don't realise is the tees on the 10th have changed. when you stand on the 10th look behind you at the "Brabazon" sign. that's where the original tee was. it gives you a new found respect for how good seve's shot actually was

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
what people Don't realise is the tees on the 10th have changed. when you stand on the 10th look behind you at the "Brabazon" sign. that's where the original tee was. it gives you a new found respect for how good seve's shot actually was
I was underwhelmed by the 10th when i played it as the tee was so far forward, i hit 4iron to it.

Grieve14

Head Pro
Visit site

£80?! I paid £45 during July 2 years ago! Absolutely loved it and would definitely play it again but not at £80!

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
I had it all lined up for enroute back from Turnberry at £55. Got cancelled due to snow so now got a complimentary 4 ball to use by end of June.

Will ne nice playing it in summer instead of the edge of season when after a deal!

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
I was underwhelmed by the 10th when i played it as the tee was so far forward, i hit 4iron to it.

they put the tee's forward to encourage people to spend £5 on the golden shot they usually have along side the green. we play it off the whites and take a small amount of satisfaction from watching them move their cameras for us.

as with anything belfry. money, money, money