Playing the Brabazon on Saturday.....

ademac

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
£80?! I paid £45 during July 2 years ago! Absolutely loved it and would definitely play it again but not at £80!

In july?? Fair play to you mate, its £160 in july on their site.
I'm not worried anyway to be honest because I'm minted.

D

Deleted member 17920

I had it all lined up for enroute back from Turnberry at £55. Got cancelled due to snow so now got a complimentary 4 ball to use by end of June.

Will ne nice playing it in summer instead of the edge of season when after a deal!
That's a nice touch from them :thup:

ademac

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
£80?! I paid £45 during July 2 years ago! Absolutely loved it and would definitely play it again but not at £80!

In july?? Fair play to you mate, its £160 in july on their site.
I'm not worried anyway to be honest because I'm minted.

Green Bay Hacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
First group are out at 10.44 (inc me) but there is then a 11/2 hour gap to the other 5 groups. They will probably be directly in front of you.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
A nice course to tick off the "to play" list and in Summer its great. I have heard it gets very wet in the winter and would have taken a battering with the snow but I think the OP has the right attitude and it'll still be a good course, especially with good mates. Prices for a beer are a bit heavy so make sure you win and take the kitty

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
That's a nice touch from them :thup:

Yeah I was staying local so popped in having phoned their greenkeppers line to an automated message saying they were closed.

Apparently a refund would have been given if I’d just called, so showing up was the better thing to do. May have to keep an eye out for further snow days and book a round if ever I’m local with Work :D

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
Think I paid £230 for a two night stay, and three rounds playing all three. Go at the end of April. Didn’t think it was a bad deal.

phils226

Medal Winner
Visit site
Hi - Worth ringing their hotline in the Morining ( 01675-622701) as both the Brabazon & PGA are Carry only today and tomorrow and I was advised likely similar for the next few days

ademac

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Hi - Worth ringing their hotline in the Morining ( 01675-622701) as both the Brabazon & PGA are Carry only today and tomorrow and I was advised likely similar for the next few days

I spoke to the pro shop yesterday and he said they would most likely be carry only on saturday.
Cheers for the heads up tho 👍

*TQ*

Club Champion
Visit site
Good info guys I was hoping to be able to use my trolley for the first time this year.

Will still take it even if it's just for Sunday on the Darby then carry on Monday on the PGA.

ademac

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Very enjoyable round on the Brabazon today.
First time there, I thought it was a great set up and a top course.
All staff/marshalls were very friendly and considering it was pretty full we didnt get held up too much and never rushed.
A bit wet in places but considering the weather we have had I thought the course condition was very good.
Good food and a couple of pints after the round too.
Trolleys were allowed also .

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
Very enjoyable round on the Brabazon today.
First time there, I thought it was a great set up and a top course.
All staff/marshalls were very friendly and considering it was pretty full we didnt get held up too much and never rushed.
A bit wet in places but considering the weather we have had I thought the course condition was very good.
Good food and a couple of pints after the round too.
Trolleys were allowed also .

glad you had a good time. i managed 9 on Friday and was surprised how dry it was and how true the green where considering the weather

*TQ*

Club Champion
Visit site
Derby and PGA were both in fantastic condition considering the time of year/recent weather, we had a thoroughly enjoyable weekend although the bar bill stung a bit!

Definitely keen to get back and play the PGA again and try out the Brabazon.

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
Derby and PGA were both in fantastic condition considering the time of year/recent weather, we had a thoroughly enjoyable weekend although the bar bill stung a bit!

Definitely keen to get back and play the PGA again and try out the Brabazon.

just drop me a pm in the warmer months. i can sign you on pga for £35.

oh and you're all lucky. they have just sanded the life out of the greens on pga and brab

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
just drop me a pm in the warmer months. i can sign you on pga for £35.

oh and you're all lucky. they have just sanded the life out of the greens on pga and brab

how good is the PGA? I have played the other 2 and loved them both

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
how good is the PGA? I have played the other 2 and loved them both

you either love it or hate it. the course is better designed than the Brabazon and a good test of golf. i personally don't like it because its like playing golf on the moon. very drab to look at.. i still pay my membership so it can't be that bad😁