Playing for cash

Marshy77

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
In our rollup we cut any players HI by 1/10th of any winnings. So if I won £14 my HI would be cut by 1.4. We do this as a means of reducing the likelihood of the same player winning the £s regularly - thereby spreading winnings around the group (which can be as large as 40).

We only meet up once a year but that's a good way of spreading it out in more regular meet ups.

Bamberdele2.0

Visit site
a few personal achievements were broken yesterday.

It seems I can only turn up when there is money on the line which is probably not a good thing.

1 x eagle = £10
2 x birdies = £5
Best overall stableford = £20
Longest drive = £5
2 x money holes = £10

Mates taking bets on us = £30

Bragging rights = priceless

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
apart form club competitions where you win vouchers I am not interested in playing for ant amount of money, a couple of girls I play with quite regularly alway have a little side bet but I leave them to it and just play along with them.

Leftitshort

Visit site
a few personal achievements were broken yesterday.

It seems I can only turn up when there is money on the line which is probably not a good thing.

1 x eagle = £10
2 x birdies = £5
Best overall stableford = £20
Longest drive = £5
2 x money holes = £10

Mates taking bets on us = £30

Bragging rights = priceless
Sounds awesome!! Lads lads lads

Bamberdele2.0

Visit site
Sounds awesome!! Lads lads lads

Ha ha

Get in there. So glad I played well because I have a very close circle that do not play golf and this was the first time I had a witness to report back to them.

Made it even sweeter that everyone put their money on him, mainly being because he has been playing golf for 26 years compared to my 18 months.

Wound a lot of peoples necks in ?

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
In our rollup we cut any players HI by 1/10th of any winnings. So if I won £14 my HI would be cut by 1.4. We do this as a means of reducing the likelihood of the same player winning the £s regularly - thereby spreading winnings around the group (which can be as large as 40).
Similar applied in the swindle I played in at my first club. Prize allocation and any swindle handicap reduction depended on the number of players and position. Handicaps were increased for those at the other end of results according to a similar formula. Spread the 'winnings' out pretty well even for improvers, which keeps the overall mood amicable.

4LEX

Visit site
Some golf clubs frown about big bets as it can cause issues from fall outs. Not everyone is a good loser especially when money is on the line. Those that play for big money aren't mugs and are almost always top players.

sunshine

Visit site
Agree, it is not difficult to get to a bank to get £20 in coins -especially if you know you are playing for change.
The argument that no one carries cash anymore is rubbish as you just put the bag of coins in your golf bag and should last a fair few weeks (even without any wins) so you don’t need to go to the bank every week

I wouldn’t know where the nearest bank branch is to me. Don’t think there is an HSBC within 5 miles. Things have changed in the last 20 years.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I wouldn’t know where the nearest bank branch is to me. Don’t think there is an HSBC within 5 miles. Things have changed in the last 20 years.
For the pedants on the forum, you can substitute 'bank' for 'shop', 'partner' or anywhere else that you may get a stock of pound coins. ;)
The point I was trying to make was that it isn't hard to get £20 or so in pound coins and use them in your swindles - especially if you know that they are needed as the group always plays for £s.

PS. You can also swap £ for 20p/50p coins if the swindle plays for these :ROFLMAO: