Players you can’t see ever winning a major.

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
Been thinking about certain players on tour and which ones I don’t think will win a major.

This doesn’t mean a)I don’t like them or b) I don’t want them to, but just not sure they’ll get over the line.

Who do you think will miss out?

Mine are -

Fleetwood
Fitzpatrick
Casey
Hatton
Matsuyama

And finally (I may look silly with this one)

John Rahm

D

Deleted member 15344

Fowler
DeChambeu
Schaffule
Snedeker
Kuchar

Agree on Rahm , not sure about Fleetwood

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Think you may be wrong with Fleetwood

Fowler will have everything to fall into place for him to win one (probably coming for a handful back late on)
Woodland (this could be a short beat haha)
Kuchar

the ones that jump into my mind

Edit: adding Tony Finau too

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I think Fleetwood could win an Open, but seems to struggle over in the States. I fully agree with you on Jon Rahm, he so often seems to lose his head at key moments, destined to be a nearly man.

There's loads I can't see winning a major just because I don't think they're good enough, but I'm not going to list all of them. :p Kuchar will probably never win one now, always the bridesmaid. I'm starting to question if DeChambeau ever will. He seems a bit mentally fragile, always three good rounds with a 78 thrown in.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
All I will say is that for the past 12-18months my views on him are absolutely correct, and there doesn’t seem to be an end to the slump in sight.

Even with putting like a god again, he’s not competing

haha a few green shoots of late but yep not driving it anywhere good enough to win at the top (have opposed him in his 2 ball tonight too)

TheDiablo

Challenge Tour Pro
Banned
Visit site
Really think Xander wins one soon. Could be literally any of the 4 which is pretty rare.

Not exactly answering the question, but definitely my most controversial shout is That JT doesn't win another one.

I also think Fleetwood is a bit overhyped, and can't see Finau getting across the line either. Agree with the tentative Rahm shout too

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I think Fleetwood could win an Open, but seems to struggle over in the States. I fully agree with you on Jon Rahm, he so often seems to lose his head at key moments, destined to be a nearly man.

There's loads I can't see winning a major just because I don't think they're good enough, but I'm not going to list all of them. :p Kuchar will probably never win one now, always the bridesmaid. I'm starting to question if DeChambeau ever will. He seems a bit mentally fragile, always three good rounds with a 78 thrown in.

2 top 5s in the US Open last few years not struggling for me

Wolf

Visit site
Nearly men for me will be :

Fowler (like to see him win but seems to fragile)

Fleetwood had some good runs but I think it'll be a Monty/Westwood type career

Kuchar Doesn't really have the game for me that stands up to Major courses

DeChambeau I like his quirky ways but to fragile for me and to calculated often over does it.

I csnt believe people have picked the X Man himself, for me Schauffele is one of the few of the new breed that has the game to win all four no matter what type of course its on. Also think JT will pick up another one at some point.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
2 top 5s in the US Open last few years not struggling for me
Last year he wasn't really in contention though he just snuck up there on the last day. Don't get me wrong, I love Fleetwood but he does always seem to put his foot in at some point.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Fowler
Kuchar
Hoffman
Fitzpatrick (I really hope I'm wrong there)
Cabrera Bello
Hatton
Casey

The others people have mentioned I can see winning at some stage.

The ones I've mentioned I hope some would suggest could win or seem to trouser a lot in the US.

TheDiablo

Challenge Tour Pro
Banned
Visit site
Fowler
Kuchar
Hoffman
Fitzpatrick (I really hope I'm wrong there)
Cabrera Bello
Hatton
Casey

The others people have mentioned I can see winning at some stage.

The ones I've mentioned I hope some would suggest could win or seem to trouser a lot in the US.

Bit of a safe list there!! Rafa and Hoffman are journeymen pros. Hatton likely to end his career similar. Fitz has stalled since he came onto the scene and Kuch and Casey are well known top 10 but don't really threaten cash machines that are beyond their peak!

Stick your neck on the line LT 😉

D

Deleted member 1418

Fowler.

Most overhyped player out on tour.

And now we with a haircut the banjo player out of deliverance would die for!! 😂😂