Played medal off the whites

Status
Not open for further replies.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Ah - our character flaws - to quote a little bit of Burns...perhaps appropriate to this thread...

O wad some Pow'r the giftie gie us
To see oursels as ithers see us!
It wad frae mony a blunder free us,
An' foolish notion:
What airs in dress an' gait wad lea'e us,
An' ev'n devotion!

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ah - our character flaws - to quote a little bit of Burns...perhaps appropriate to this thread...

O wad some Pow'r the giftie gie us
To see oursels as ithers see us!
It wad frae mony a blunder free us,
An' foolish notion:
What airs in dress an' gait wad lea'e us,
An' ev'n devotion!

I think your auto-correct has gone AWOL.

perthbum

Visit site
I played in the Tuesday medal this morning and although results won’t be confirmed until tomorrow. I’ve kept my 100% win rate in comps ? pro said there’s a prize for the medal but not sure what it is yet.
Playing off the whites actually helped me on two of the holes, I would normally just hit a 3 wood to avoid water hazard but today was able to hit driver.
Off now to the shops to buy myself a treat for winning.
You sound like a billy bull***** to me Sir, and to be honest no one actually cares that you have a 100% record in comps.....of course you do

perthbum

Visit site
In my experience the same people who say to play comps to get your handicap down are the same people that moan that you can’t play comps to get your handicap down.

Damned if you do. Damned if you don’t.

I was in a similar situation 10 years ago. Handed in 3 cards. Got given a handicap of 28 and spent a year being called a bandit. It peaked when I won a medal with a gross 73 / net 58. It didn’t matter how much I got cut, I was playing casually 3 times a week after work and the medal on Sunday was my only chance to hand a card in.

Just shrug it off, I found a lot of the ribbing quite funny. And for the most part it was amongst people who came to be good friends. The only people who took to serious insults I just put down to envy.
so you played to a one handicapper, you should be playing off 5 then

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
The plot thickens - has he just created a new account to argue with himself?
There are a few new accounts popping up and a few old ones that haven’t been active much suddenly posting again. It looks like a few people have multiple accounts.

Mandofred

Visit site
This has been better than arguing about flag in or out......although...played Moor Allerton a while back and they had those lovely skinny at the bottom flags. Big thumbs up(y)

G1z1

Visit site
Just when I thought I was out you pulled me back in ? I was just in spending my winnings there and what a laugh I had in the shop. I am actually shocked one of you old boys actually dropped the club an email ? brilliant I am seriously in some peoples heads on this forum and I absolutely love it.

I have now been practicing like crazy chipping one handed from 50 yards and closer and am pretty handy now. So when I win my next comp I want to be known as the one arm bandit who takes the money ? ?

Oh and guess what I was right, absolutely nothing will happen except me continuing to win so keep watching hard ? ? ?

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Just when I thought I was out you pulled me back in ? I was just in spending my winnings there and what a laugh I had in the shop. I am actually shocked one of you old boys actually dropped the club an email ? brilliant I am seriously in some peoples heads on this forum and I absolutely love it.

I have now been practicing like crazy chipping one handed from 50 yards and closer and am pretty handy now. So when I win my next comp I want to be known as the one arm bandit who takes the money ? ?

Oh and guess what I was right, absolutely nothing will happen except me continuing to win so keep watching hard ? ? ?

Someone emailing your club is absolutely top banter :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I am rolling on my office floor

G1z1

Visit site
I cant believe someone cares enough that they have emailed your club
? I guarantee it’s some busy body who doesn’t have a life so wants to worry about what others are doing. What a laugh that was today and how stupid does the person feel now that the club doesn’t even think them worthy of a reply ? anyone care to stand up and say it was them ? I think not ?

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
? I guarantee it’s some busy body who doesn’t have a life so wants to worry about what others are doing. What a laugh that was today and how stupid does the person feel now that the club doesn’t even think them worthy of a reply ? anyone care to stand up and say it was them ? I think not ?

More importantly - how did the weekend comp go?

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Brilliant. I’d love to read the strongly worded email.

Dear Secretary,

I’m part of an internet forum clique, and have recently been outraged by the postings from one of your members.

We the Internet forum clique demand an immediate investigation, and your member to be punished to the fullest extent possible.

Signed
Grumpy old man with nothing better to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.