Played medal off the whites

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
I’m sure he said he’s a member of Bonnyton Golf Club, their Tuesday medal results will be on Howdidido tomorrow for all to see. Although I can’t help but think this guy is at it and all is not as it seems. Two pence short of a pound and all that. Either that or very immature, can’t decide

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
I’m sure he said he’s a member of Bonnyton Golf Club, their Tuesday medal results will be on Howdidido tomorrow for all to see. Although I can’t help but think this guy is at it and all is not all as it seems. Two pence short of a pound and all that. Either that or very immature, can’t decide

See post #20 ? A quick look at the other threads shoes similar lines.

Last edited:

Sports_Fanatic

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I’m actually rather surprised you’ve shared your win, given your previous comments. What reaction did you expect?

Do you actually want to enjoy the full benefits of club membership? You know, like friendship and a social life? Because by working hard on your game, to the point where you enter comps in the full knowledge that you (allegedly) regularly play at least 12 shots better than your club handicap, you’re going very much the wrong way about it.

OP is clearly on a wind up and this comment is probably true but got to love the fact that working hard on your game to improve for the competition is frowned upon. Can't think of many sports where trying to improve before a competition isn't considered the done thing.

Yes, put in other cards outside comps but if someone improves then fair play to them as long as they are entering all comps e.g. weekly stableford they can make rather than holding out for a "prestigious" one. It is only club golf after all.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
OP is clearly on a wind up and this comment is probably true but got to love the fact that working hard on your game to improve for the competition is frowned upon. Can't think of many sports where trying to improve before a competition isn't considered the done thing.

Yes, put in other cards outside comps but if someone improves then fair play to them as long as they are entering all comps e.g. weekly stableford they can make rather than holding out for a "prestigious" one. It is only club golf after all.
If you read the other threads that the OP has started you will realise that he isn't doing what you are stating in bold. He hasn't put in any cards, despite playing to 'single figures' whilst maintaining an official handicap of 24. The word bandit does not even come close to describing his tactics

G1z1

Visit site
If you read the other threads that the OP has started you will realise that he isn't doing what you are stating in bold. He hasn't put in any cards, despite playing to 'single figures' whilst maintaining an official handicap of 24. The word bandit does not even come close to describing his tactics
Going to clear this up as people clearly have trouble reading my previous posts.

I have on occasions broke 80 from the yellows but also shot 100 in the same week as my screen shots have shown. I have always said I am wildly inconsistent in scoring and didn’t want to hand in a card until the good weather came in and I felt more consistent. Ok probably could of started to play medals last month but felt I was just playing too inconsistent and who cares what people think, I know I’m not a bandit.
The pro at bonnyton has also been giving me the odd lesson so he knows 100% I’m no bandit and was delighted when I talked to him after my game. I don’t know if I won for sure but he said it should be a winning score. Probably at the wind up a little yesterday with my comments but I seem to get it back regularly on the forum so it goes both ways. Thing is people worry too much about what others are doing when they should just worry what there doing.
I am amazed at just how many peoples heads I live in rent free on here ? I have actually got people running to see results of a daft medal . They will undoubtedly deny this but it’s clear to see ? ?

Mandofred

Visit site
Going to clear this up as people clearly have trouble reading my previous posts.

I have on occasions broke 80 from the yellows but also shot 100 in the same week as my screen shots have shown. I have always said I am wildly inconsistent in scoring and didn’t want to hand in a card until the good weather came in and I felt more consistent. Ok probably could of started to play medals last month but felt I was just playing too inconsistent and who cares what people think, I know I’m not a bandit.
The pro at bonnyton has also been giving me the odd lesson so he knows 100% I’m no bandit and was delighted when I talked to him after my game. I don’t know if I won for sure but he said it should be a winning score. Probably at the wind up a little yesterday with my comments but I seem to get it back regularly on the forum so it goes both ways. Thing is people worry too much about what others are doing when they should just worry what there doing.
I am amazed at just how many peoples heads I live in rent free on here ? I have actually got people running to see results of a daft medal . They will undoubtedly deny this but it’s clear to see ? ?
You are doing just the opposite. If you are posting on this site.....you WANT other people to read what you are doing/thinking. If not.....people wouldn't post at all since they wouldn't care what other people think.

Jason.H

Visit site
The pro will be pleased when you win if you do a £300/400 spend in his shop?. Let us know the gross/ net score and new hcap

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site

As you are currently living in my head :)rolleyes:) I have had a look back at the cards you posted in the pictures thread.

15 cards in all, 4 in the 70s - lowest 72, rest are in the 80s except for a score of 90. I know that people only post the best of their life on social media but this shows that you are not playing as a 24 handicap. You have repeatedly stated that you don't (won't) put in general play cards and relish taking money form other members by winning competitions by loads of shots. You have also stated on a few occasions that you feel many golf pros are stealing a living but you are doing similar from your fellow club members.

These views are my own and do not reflect the rest of the Forum. (Well, maybe some of them :cool:)

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site

Fine - but only to a degree. As golfers and competitors what is core to how we play the game are values of honesty and integrity...the game is in deep trouble if these values are ignored or dismissed. In addition it is the case that in any competitive context - and that includes maintaining our handicaps - we each and every one of us has a responsibility - a 'duty of care' - to each other in respect of fairness - and that is playing to the rules; plus maintenance of the level playing field the handicap system is designed to provide. I suspect that some who have pushed back on aspects of what you have posted may see a bit too much of 'self' in what you describe as your approach to you golf. That said, you are of course free to adopt whatever approach you wish, but don't be surprised by the feedback you might receive - on and off the course.(y)

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site

No denying I looked up your score from me, took about 20 seconds on the app this morning whilst having my morning dump so hardly an arduous task.

I love a good wind up as much as the next person, so I wouldnt take anything I post on here with too much seriousness. Your threads are atleast entertaining and bring a bit of relief compared to the pointless bickering that goes on in a lot of the threads on the forum these days.

G1z1

Visit site
relish taking money form other members by winning competitions by loads of shots.

Again someone who doesn’t read my posts. I have only ever played one comp and one medal. The comp I paid to enter won it and my score got pulled, so it that not basically the club taking my money ? The medal I played I didn’t know there was a prize until after and who know I might not even of won it there might of been a real bandit playing yesterday.

Now what I did say in older posts was I played in a 3/4 ball regularly over winter and we would play for money. After the first game they said they would give me a handicap of 15 still won then went to 12 and we agreed I would play off 12.
So please don’t make up stuff in your head I can appreciate you might be older and can’t remember what you had for breakfast so probably can’t remember what I’ve said.

Last reply on this thread for me, just gets too much replying to people who can’t even quote me right.

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
In my experience the same people who say to play comps to get your handicap down are the same people that moan that you can’t play comps to get your handicap down.

Damned if you do. Damned if you don’t.

I was in a similar situation 10 years ago. Handed in 3 cards. Got given a handicap of 28 and spent a year being called a bandit. It peaked when I won a medal with a gross 73 / net 58. It didn’t matter how much I got cut, I was playing casually 3 times a week after work and the medal on Sunday was my only chance to hand a card in.

Just shrug it off, I found a lot of the ribbing quite funny. And for the most part it was amongst people who came to be good friends. The only people who took to serious insults I just put down to envy.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Again someone who doesn’t read my posts. I have only ever played one comp and one medal. The comp I paid to enter won it and my score got pulled, so it that not basically the club taking my money ? The medal I played I didn’t know there was a prize until after and who know I might not even of won it there might of been a real bandit playing yesterday.

Now what I did say in older posts was I played in a 3/4 ball regularly over winter and we would play for money. After the first game they said they would give me a handicap of 15 still won then went to 12 and we agreed I would play off 12.
So please don’t make up stuff in your head I can appreciate you might be older and can’t remember what you had for breakfast so probably can’t remember what I’ve said.

Last reply on this thread for me, just gets too much replying to people who can’t even quote me right.

no need mate, you're not going to endear yourself to anyone with stuff like that.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
I’ll say it, as others are skirting round it. You’re not a bandit. You’re a cheat. Pure and simple.

The majority of your posts have painted a picture of a man who is intent on being the best player he can be, who wants to be coached not by a PGA professional, but by a coach who coaches those pros. A picture of a man with a club handicap of 24, but who only needs to sort his driving out and brush up on his putting to be a scratch golfer. A man who refuses to submit cards, but would rather track his handicap on a mobile app, openly saying here that he plays to 11. Thirteen shots better than his handicap. And he even posts the scores to prove it.

And then he starts a post bragging that he is likely to have won a competition. This, despite knowing that his handicap is false, probably considerably so. It’s cheating.

You’re not living in my head. I love your posts. Any member of any golf club will tell you that membership is made much more entertaining by people who are willing to be a figure of fun and ridicule. You have brightened my day yet again. Many thanks.

Mark1751

Assistant Pro
Visit site
No denying I looked up your score from me, took about 20 seconds on the app this morning whilst having my morning dump so hardly an arduous task.

I love a good wind up as much as the next person, so I wouldnt take anything I post on here with too much seriousness. Your threads are atleast entertaining and bring a bit of relief compared to the pointless bickering that goes on in a lot of the threads on the forum these days.
You take your phone into the toilet? Hope you clean it after ?

Status
Not open for further replies.