Play Off Question?

andycap

Head Pro
Visit site
Just watched the 3 way play off at the Dunhill championship between Karlsson/Kaymer/Fisher, but actually got thinking about this last week during the Westwood/Castano play off

What is the most golfers you can recall being tied and having a play off ?

vig

Tour Winner
Visit site
I like Fisher but that was a schoolboy error. I couldn't believe he did that or was allowed to do it. What the hell does his caddy get paid for?
Didn't Olly Wilson do the same earlier in the season?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Agree Vig. I know he must have been pumped up a bit but really, finding the burn on the first...........

Anyone know which club he took. Seem to recall most take a 3 wood unless its into the wind.

SammmeBee

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Agree Vig. I know he must have been pumped up a bit but really, finding the burn on the first...........

Anyone know which club he took. Seem to recall most take a 3 wood unless its into the wind.

Did anyone else see him mouth to his caddie 'That's got to be perfect'.....oh dear Ross....

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
As one of the longest hitters on tour, why take a driver? The burn was always going to be in range.

Karlsson just played sensibly. As he said afterwards, he had birdied it the last 3 times he had played it so he felt confident.

Dodger

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I was watching it unfold with a mate and when they showed Fisher and Karlsson warming up Fisher was hitting driver and we both remarked 'why the hell is he practising hitting driver its not like he will be hitting it down the 1st (having played there several times even we can reach the burn)surely its long iron 3 wood at most??

Total schoolboy error surely not only should his caddie of known but the player himself should have known!!

Great to see from Karlsson tho,for me Europe most consistent player all year.

John_Findlay

Tour Winner
Visit site
It was a dreadful mistake by Fisher. I put it in the exact same spot as him off the tee when I played it and I'm guessing he's hitting it 70 yards further than me. It was downwind for him, too. Dreadful decision.

Just shows the benefit of experience Karlsson had after 20 years on tour. He knew that his approach shot was gonna be a gap wedge into the hole so was practicing those. Why practice drives when you have a 100 yard wide fairway to aim at? The money shot is gonna be the wedge.