Ping G425 Fairways

DoubleD

Visit site
Why not consider the hybrid? Shorter shaft, adjustability and should be ideal for the specific distance you are looking for.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Me too mate. My g425 driver is safely the best driver I've had and I've tried them all. I have the tensei orange shaft in it and it seems to just go where you point it.

I did take a punt on a Callaway Rogue Max HL (16.5) but it had a tensei blue shaft that I just can't get on with. Even in stiff it's just so whippy at the bottom and I can't control it.

(Now scouring ebay for mavik 4 Woods ?)

Have you considered just swapping shafts? Tensei Orange is a counterbalanced shaft and the Blue isn't.

Perhaps look at an Orange or something like a HZRDUS Smoke Yellow which is counterbalanced? The HZRDUS will certainly be stiffer than the Tensei.

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Why not consider the hybrid? Shorter shaft, adjustability and should be ideal for the specific distance you are looking for.

Good shout. Hybrids have always been hook machines for me but on the pings you can adjust the lie angle so I'll give them another try.

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Have you considered just swapping shafts? Tensei Orange is a counterbalanced shaft and the Blue isn't.

Perhaps look at an Orange or something like a HZRDUS Smoke Yellow which is counterbalanced? The HZRDUS will certainly be stiffer than the Tensei.

Yeah, i have, but j don't trust myself to not make a pigs ear of changing a shaft that's glued in. I've a mate who could help though. The orange stiff tensei just works and I feel like I can swing it smoothly or go after one and its not going to go off the planet.

HZRDUS shafts are ones I've never really got on with but I don't think I've tried the yellow. Mate has an Hzrdus RDX something in a 3 driving iron which I've tried a few times and I can't get it above head high ?

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Yeah, i have, but j don't trust myself to not make a pigs ear of changing a shaft that's glued in. I've a mate who could help though. The orange stiff tensei just works and I feel like I can swing it smoothly or go after one and its not going to go off the planet.

HZRDUS shafts are ones I've never really got on with but I don't think I've tried the yellow. Mate has an Hzrdus RDX something in a 3 driving iron which I've tried a few times and I can't get it above head high ?

I'm the opposite HZRDUS work for me.

Good luck in the search for a fairway - positive news is that it's an excuse to spend money.

richbeech

Hacker
Visit site
Not sure if I'm allowed to post this but I've got a 425 5 wood for sale if your interested - Ping Tour stiff shaft - willing to let it go pretty cheap. Message me if interested.

Jamie1873

Hacker
Visit site
Dropped my 5 wood to 16.5 today, tensei orange shaft. I actually feel like I can't miss with this club. Used it off the tee at least 5 times today.

To put it in perspective, my 3 wood I just got rid of (M6) I think i used 5 times off the tee all last year.

Basically an extra club in the bag!

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not sure if I'm allowed to post this but I've got a 425 5 wood for sale if your interested - Ping Tour stiff shaft - willing to let it go pretty cheap. Message me if interested.

Thanks for the offer Rich.

I'm certainly interested. Im going to try a few later this week and will keep you posted.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Went to the range yesterda, first time I have hit a ball in 3 weeks. I borrowed a G425 5 wood from the shop.I asked for the sft but ended up with the Max.
Quite simply it was a thing of beauty. Number wise I was hitting the 5 wood as far as my G410 3 wood. But with far more dispersion consistency. It seemed so easier to hit. I also borrowed the tool to adjust and raised the loft to max and it was perfect for me.
As I mentioned, the 425 5 wood went as far as my 410 3 wood so if I do upgrade, do I get a 425 3 wood before I get a 5 wood.
without boring you even more. I looked at the 5 wood to replace my G410 hybrid. Thinking it would be like for like. That has gone out of the window.
Come on now Tash! You have been playing long enough to know that trial clubs work like magic on the range - it is on the course that their true self is shown (usually misbehaving :mad:)

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Come on now Tash! You have been playing long enough to know that trial clubs work like magic on the range - it is on the course that their true self is shown (usually misbehaving :mad:)
The way my swing is behaving at the moment any club could look brilliant on the range. Playing tomorrow for the first time in almost a month. Watch this space.

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
I know sometimes going into these sessions with a pre-concieved idea of what your going to like is bad.......but, G425 fairway with the same shaft as my driver (tensei orange) was streets ahead of anything else I tried. We lofted it down and I couldn't miss.

The titleist and Mizuno were really nice aswell and I was surprised how low launching the stealth (original) was. Wasn't impressed with it at all. I could hardly get it in the air off the deck.

Biggleswade Blue

Head Pro
Visit site
I’m thinking about this too. I have just gone from a G20 driver (12 degree regular shaft) to a G425 Max (10.5 degree stuff shaft) and love it.

I have G20 irons up to a 5, then a 20
and 23 degree G20 hybrid, and a G20 3 Wood.

I’m not planning to change the irons but would like to sort out the gap between 5 iron and driver. I don’t really see much difference between my two hybrids - a 23 degree would be fine, along with my 3 Wood. I was thinking that if the 425 prices drop in the next few months I may go from 3 wood and two hybrids to a 3 wood and one hybrid. Anyone got any advice?

In the end I ditched the two hybrids and 3 wood, and replaced them with a G425 17 degree hybrid and a 5 wood both with stiff shafts. I hit the 5 wood further than my G20 3 wood, and then the 3-hybrid at 17 degrees is sitting nicely in the gap between my 5 iron and the 5 wood. Both clubs are much easier to hit than the G20s too. I'm down to 13 clubs now: Driver, 5 wood, 3 hybrid, 5 iron down to utility wedge, then 54 and 60 degree wedges.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
In the end I ditched the two hybrids and 3 wood, and replaced them with a G425 17 degree hybrid and a 5 wood both with stiff shafts. I hit the 5 wood further than my G20 3 wood, and then the 3-hybrid at 17 degrees is sitting nicely in the gap between my 5 iron and the 5 wood. Both clubs are much easier to hit than the G20s too. I'm down to 13 clubs now: Driver, 5 wood, 3 hybrid, 5 iron down to utility wedge, then 54 and 60 degree wedges.

Made room for a chipper……… nice ?

AdamC28

Visit site
I'm looking for something similar. Currently have a new to me G425 driver and 3 hybrid and want something to fit in between.
Not sure whether to go 3 or 5 wood, really need to try both and see how far they go.