Ping G425 Fairways

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Anyone on here use them? (I have the driver amd love it). Thought? Pro's? Cons? I like the look of the 5w, but not sure about the shallow face off the tee.

Still really struggling to fill that 17-19 degree club gap.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Anyone on here use them? (I have the driver amd love it). Thought? Pro's? Cons? I like the look of the 5w, but not sure about the shallow face off the tee.

Best I have ever had.
I have driver /5 wood and 22 hybrid.
Am looking for a 7 wood.
The shallow face is much better of the deck.
Just tee it low on the tee.
Very Ajustable to set your gaps.
Only cons is they hold their price on second hand market.
But with G430 coming out they might drop but I dought it.

tsped83

Tour Winner
Visit site
I had one briefly and struggled with the flight, just popped in to the air and quite spinny. Gone back to Callaway which has a better forward flight for me. Horses for courses I guess

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I had one briefly and struggled with the flight, just popped in to the air and quite spinny. Gone back to Callaway which has a better forward flight for me. Horses for courses I guess
Yes it’s a high ball flight club.
but I hit the ball quite low so the extra spin suits my flight.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Went to the range yesterda, first time I have hit a ball in 3 weeks. I borrowed a G425 5 wood from the shop.I asked for the sft but ended up with the Max.
Quite simply it was a thing of beauty. Number wise I was hitting the 5 wood as far as my G410 3 wood. But with far more dispersion consistency. It seemed so easier to hit. I also borrowed the tool to adjust and raised the loft to max and it was perfect for me.
As I mentioned, the 425 5 wood went as far as my 410 3 wood so if I do upgrade, do I get a 425 3 wood before I get a 5 wood.
without boring you even more. I looked at the 5 wood to replace my G410 hybrid. Thinking it would be like for like. That has gone out of the window.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have a 3 wood

It replaced a TM 3 High loft (16 degree)

I find it just as easy to get in the air when I playing well but I am not a great fairway wood player.

I had tried the TM Sim Max 5 but the distance gap to the driver was too much and did not hit it much furteh than the M

D

Deleted member 15344

@Junior one of scratch team moved to the 3 and 5 wood from Titliest TSI and says they are superb - best fairways woods he has had

Jamie1873

Hacker
Visit site
Picked up the Ping G425 5 Wood- ex demo from American Golf. Bargain at £129 (with £10 birthday discount).

Never really got on with my TM M6 and I was shocked to see this outperform it so easily. Such an easy club to get in the air. Dropped it to 16.5° to try that out tomorrow.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Picked up the Ping G425 5 Wood- ex demo from American Golf. Bargain at £129 (with £10 birthday discount).

Never really got on with my TM M6 and I was shocked to see this outperform it so easily. Such an easy club to get in the air. Dropped it to 16.5° to try that out tomorrow.

That is a steal ?

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site

As you know I'm a Ping fanboy - however nothing comes close to my Callaway Mavrik 4 wood. It's absolutely sensational. Love the look, feel and performance.

Farted about humming and hawing over the 7 wood and someone beat me too it. Raging.

Ping G425 is a very good option - then again I prefer a shallow faced fairway wood.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Went to the range yesterda, first time I have hit a ball in 3 weeks. I borrowed a G425 5 wood from the shop.I asked for the sft but ended up with the Max.
Quite simply it was a thing of beauty. Number wise I was hitting the 5 wood as far as my G410 3 wood. But with far more dispersion consistency. It seemed so easier to hit. I also borrowed the tool to adjust and raised the loft to max and it was perfect for me.
As I mentioned, the 425 5 wood went as far as my 410 3 wood so if I do upgrade, do I get a 425 3 wood before I get a 5 wood.
without boring you even more. I looked at the 5 wood to replace my G410 hybrid. Thinking it would be like for like. That has gone out of the window.
I ditched my 3 wood because the 5 wood was only 2 yards shorter.

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
@Junior one of scratch team moved to the 3 and 5 wood from Titliest TSI and says they are superb - best fairways woods he has had

I like the look of the titleist mate. Bit more confidence inspiring off the tee which is what I think I'll use the club for most.

Last edited:

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
As you know I'm a Ping fanboy - however nothing comes close to my Callaway Mavrik 4 wood. It's absolutely sensational. Love the look, feel and performance.

Farted about humming and hawing over the 7 wood and someone beat me too it. Raging.

Ping G425 is a very good option - then again I prefer a shallow faced fairway wood.

Me too mate. My g425 driver is safely the best driver I've had and I've tried them all. I have the tensei orange shaft in it and it seems to just go where you point it.

I did take a punt on a Callaway Rogue Max HL (16.5) but it had a tensei blue shaft that I just can't get on with. Even in stiff it's just so whippy at the bottom and I can't control it.

(Now scouring ebay for mavik 4 Woods ?)

Last edited:

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I’ve a G425 5w. I’m work in progress with it as I’m still in process of doing significant swing change. Despite that I can hit the ball well with it…as well as total rubbish.

But tbh I’ve always been an ‘it’s mostly about my swing not the club’ person when it comes to ball flight and consistency. If it’s not going great I always look to myself rather than the club in my hands. And on ‘look’…I’ve never thought of it having a shallow face…clearly then that’s not a thing for me.

I will persist as I struggled with both my G425 Max driver and G425 4h for ages before I started getting half decent ball strike and flight. They required a lot more work than I have currently applied to my 5w.

Biggleswade Blue

Head Pro
Visit site
I’m thinking about this too. I have just gone from a G20 driver (12 degree regular shaft) to a G425 Max (10.5 degree stuff shaft) and love it.

I have G20 irons up to a 5, then a 20
and 23 degree G20 hybrid, and a G20 3 Wood.

I’m not planning to change the irons but would like to sort out the gap between 5 iron and driver. I don’t really see much difference between my two hybrids - a 23 degree would be fine, along with my 3 Wood. I was thinking that if the 425 prices drop in the next few months I may go from 3 wood and two hybrids to a 3 wood and one hybrid. Anyone got any advice?

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
I’ve a G425 5w. I’m work in progress with it as I’m still in process of doing significant swing change. Despite that I can hit the ball well with it…as well as total rubbish.

But tbh I’ve always been an ‘it’s mostly about my swing not the club’ person when it comes to ball flight and consistency. If it’s not going great I always look to myself rather than the club in my hands. And on ‘look’…I’ve never thought of it having a shallow face…clearly then that’s not a thing for me.

I will persist as I struggled with both my G425 Max driver and G425 4h for ages before I started getting half decent ball strike and flight. They required a lot more work than I have currently applied to my 5w.

I agree, it's the workman not the tools most of the time.

I just seem to find myself in a situation quite a lot where I need a 220/230 shot off the tee as all the trouble is where my driver would be at circa 250/260. But, I'm not confident with my fairway woods so i hit driver as id rather opt for having have a tough shot from the teees from 120 yards than 150/160.

So the search is for a fairway finder that gives me a lot of confidence off the tee if you know what I mean.

Edited to say that I've given up on modern 3 woods as I find they are too close to my driver distance. Hence the search for a 4w/5w.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I agree, it's the workman not the tools most of the time.

I just seem to find myself in a situation quite a lot where I need a 220/230 shot off the tee as all the trouble is where my driver would be at circa 250/260. But, I'm not confident with my fairway woods so i hit driver as id rather opt for having have a tough shot from the teees from 120 yards than 150/160.

So the search is for a fairway finder that gives me a lot of confidence off the tee if you know what I mean.

Edited to say that I've given up on modern 3 woods as I find they are too close to my driver distance. Hence the search for a 4w/5w.
My G425 5 wood has a 3 wood shaft in ,it’s Alta stiff.
It goes the same distance your looking for .
Might be worth a word with your pro to try one.