Ping fitting centre?

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
Pretty much decided I'm getting ping irons in the spring and want to know if anyone has had full fitting experience in Scotland - I've got approval from HID for us to go to Gainsborough (she gets couple of days away and a round or two of golf but she's a cobra girl so ain't getting new pings as well) it's a bit out of the way from Monifieth though so I want to know can I get full fit up here?

In_The_Rough

Tour Winner
Visit site
There will be stockists that will fit you in Scotland but I do not think it will be anything like the choice on offer at Gainsborough, I got fitted for my Ping's there when I played the G15 range and it is very good indeed

In_The_Rough

Tour Winner
Visit site
Indeed it is. It is their HQ so cannot see anything coming close to it TBH. If you want the full selection and experience then it will have to be there I would have thought. I was fortunate being in the Midlands it was only about an hour away from me, but I see why you are debating it as it is a heck of a trip for you

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
Cheers stevek1969 - I've been into the Carnoustie golf shop once, will have a wander down there this week to scope it out, ten minute drive to there as opposed to nearly six hours to Gainsborough will probably make it a better option.

In_The_Rough

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have been to a Ping demo day before and they are decent. Nothing like Gainsborough though and shaft options are limited which is what I found to be the biggest problem certainly with iron sets

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I'm thinking about making the trip to Gainsborough and tagging on a day at Woodhull Spa. Not sure what the wife will do in the meantime but we'll cross that bridge once I'm ensconced in the fitting bay!